Durham68

Re: May Be Relocating Soon

Post by Durham68 »

Congratulations!
"Unattended children will be given an espresso and a puppy"
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

I keep looking at houses, and life keeps fucking me over. The secomd i have a chance to go up and look, invariably the sale goes pending. :roll:

What id really like is this, but 380k is way out of my price range, and is a bit too high for what it is.
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
MarkD

Post by MarkD »

HTRN wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 7:33 am I keep looking at houses, and life keeps fucking me over. The secomd i have a chance to go up and look, invariably the sale goes pending. :roll:

What id really like is this, but 380k is way out of my price range, and is a bit too high for what it is.
Well you're paying for 120 acres and your own stream.

I'm paying less than 2/3 that for a bigger house with two car garage (but no barn), on a half acre but in a community with four lakes I can fish in, and state land in driving distance if I want to hunt or shoot. At 55 years old I'm uninterested in becoming a farmer but I have enough space to grow tomatoes and such. My workshop needs are met just fine by the back wall of my garage.
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

Its not about being a farmer.

Its about a) having enough space to do what I want and b) ensuring neighbors don't get any closer than binocular distance.
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
MarkD

Post by MarkD »

HTRN wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 8:10 pm Its not about being a farmer.

Its about a) having enough space to do what I want and b) ensuring neighbors don't get any closer than binocular distance.
I was joking about farming since the link you shared said it had space for agriculture.

Land is expensive, especially if it has natural resources like water. They stopped making it a few billion years ago (except in Hawaii and Iceland).120 acres in New Mexico or Arizona will cost you less than a middling car. 120 in PA with a stream running thru it, you'll pay for it . Maybe not 20 years ago when prepping wasn't as much a thing as now.
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

That's actually a very good price for the amount of land(a little over 3 grand an acre), the features, and considering this is NEPA, the relative flatness of it.

Its just more than I can afford. If they'd takes lowball of 300, I could squeek by on a 30 yr note, but I'd doubt they'd go for it. :(

HTRN

Post by HTRN »

And the house with Pole Barn is back up for Sale.

Gotta look at it that s weekend.

MarkD

Post by MarkD »

HTRN wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 10:31 pm And the house with Pole Barn is back up for Sale.

Gotta look at it that s weekend.
Once I move in, if you need a place to stay while you look hit me up.

Well after I get a bed in the guest bedroom because you're not getting mine.
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

Most likely to be a day trip. If I have to stay overnight, someplavce like the Wayne hotel will do. Hell I may just sleep in the truck.