May Be Relocating Soon

Discussions about our lives, families, jobs... things may get a little personal
Cobar

Re: May Be Relocating Soon

Post by Cobar »

I'm in the market here in western NC. It seems that people just make an offer that is accepted before they have any clue that they can actually pay.

Stuff goes under contract for a month just to reappear.

It's annoying.
randy

Post by randy »

MarkD wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 10:38 pm ...Well after I get a bed in the guest bedroom because you're not getting mine.

Don't forget that HTRN is quite comfortable under your bed. With a knife.
...even before I read MHI, my response to seeing a poster for the stars of the latest Twilight movies was "I see 2 targets and a collaborator".
MarkD

Post by MarkD »

randy wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 5:09 pm
MarkD wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 10:38 pm ...Well after I get a bed in the guest bedroom because you're not getting mine.

Don't forget that HTRN is quite comfortable under your bed. With a knife.
If he can get under my bed he can't be bigger than a decent sized cockroach with a pen knife, and I have a slipper. Or a hammer if he's a really tough cockroach.
MarkD

Post by MarkD »

Fuck me.

Two days ago the hot water heater sprung a leak, had to be replaced.

Yesterday we had the inspection for the certificate of occupancy (for which I went out and bought two more CO detectors and a fire extinguisher for the kitchen), and we failed because of busted sidewalks on the side if the house.

Besides the work to be done $1500 for the heater and $1950 for the sidewalk) I have to pay:

$75 for the COfO inspection.
$50 for the permit for the new water heater
$50 for the permit for the sidewalk repairs which the town said I need other I can't sell my house.
$25 for the inspector to come back and issue the certificate of occupancy once the sidewalk is repaired.

Fuck New Jersey. Sideways with a rusty fucking chainsaw that's been dipped in rattlesnake venon and lemon juice. Then pound them with a hammer. Then set them on fire. A lot.
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

You got permits to do a water heater?!

A quick trip to home depot would have been much cheaper.
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
MarkD

Post by MarkD »

HTRN wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 4:20 pm You got permits to do a water heater?!

A quick trip to home depot would have been much cheaper.
The town inspects it after installation.
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

Not if you don't take out a permit they don't. ;)

The sidewalk you kind of have to, but a water heater? What they don't know can't hurt you.

Just be careful disposing of the old box, that's how my brother got nailed in NJ. :ugeek:
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
MarkD

Post by MarkD »

HTRN wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 11:16 pm Not if you don't take out a permit they don't. ;)

The sidewalk you kind of have to, but a water heater? What they don't know can't hurt you.

Just be careful disposing of the old box, that's how my brother got nailed in NJ. :ugeek:
Since I'm selling the house I need to provide warranty info and show that all.work done sin e buyers inspection is up to code.

Plus,.as noted,.getting rid of.the old tank.
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

Well that sucks.

Termite

Post by Termite »

You New Jerseyians have a ridiculous number of rules/permits/etc when it comes to housing and repairs. Not surprising, since apparently you can't pump your own gasoline...... :roll:

As for water heaters here in Cenla, you buy a water heater from Lowe's, and they will accept your old one for a $20 fee, you bring it in. They do the same thing for refrigerators and freezers.

Convenient. 8-)
"Life is a bitch. Shit happens. Adapt, improvise, and overcome. Acknowledge it, and move on."