May Be Relocating Soon

Discussions about our lives, families, jobs... things may get a little personal
randy

Re: May Be Relocating Soon

Post by randy »

Whoo Hoo!

Glad you made it through the wire to friendly territory. I'll have the Jolly Greens and SANDY stand down.
...even before I read MHI, my response to seeing a poster for the stars of the latest Twilight movies was "I see 2 targets and a collaborator".
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
Precision

Post by Precision »

Congrats on tasting free air.

Now I haven't heard of an uptick in NICS checks. What are you waiting for?
"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~Thomas Jefferson
My little part of the blogosphere. http://blogletitburn.wordpress.com/
Greg

Post by Greg »

New houses suck all your money. We were on the 100 bucks a day plan at Home Depot for what felt like months. Give it time. ;)
Maybe we're just jaded, but your villainy is not particularly impressive. -Ennesby

If you know what you're doing, you're not learning anything. -Unknown
Sanity is the process by which you continually adjust your beliefs so they are predictively sound. -esr
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

Greg wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 1:10 pm New houses suck all your money. We were on the 100 bucks a day plan at Home Depot for what felt like months. Give it time. ;)
Over two years in my “new” house and it hasn’t stopped.

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
Greg

Post by Greg »

Netpackrat wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 2:52 pm
Greg wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 1:10 pm New houses suck all your money. We were on the 100 bucks a day plan at Home Depot for what felt like months. Give it time. ;)
Over two years in my “new” house and it hasn’t stopped.
Oh. Ow. Ours did pretty much stop.
Maybe we're just jaded, but your villainy is not particularly impressive. -Ennesby

If you know what you're doing, you're not learning anything. -Unknown
Sanity is the process by which you continually adjust your beliefs so they are predictively sound. -esr
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

I spent my weekend peeling up about half of the new vinyl plank basement floor that insurance paid for last year, and drying out the water from underneath from the latest plumbing failure. Plumber was by yesterday afternoon, removed my temporary patch and put in a new copper pipe.

At least this time it was a tiny leak, and I discovered it right away. Was able to salvage most of the flooring and only had to buy a couple new boxes of the planks. Will probably buy more boxes as a hedge against them being discontinued later on.

MarkD

Post by MarkD »

Today's been my second day of working from home, you don't realize how much commuting takes out of you until you don't have to commute. I actually worked more hours than normal yesterday, but wasn't nearly as tired as usual.

The house was built in 2006 and we're the second owners, so most things are done pretty well (no looking at, say plumbing work and wondering where they managed to hire a chimp who could do a sweat joint). The downside is that lots of things will probably shit the bed at the same time in a few years, since all the appliances are the same age. Right now the big expense is that we moved into a much larger house, so several rooms currently have no furniture (in fact the new kitchen set is being delivered tomorrow). No gun purchases just yet, need to get my PA driver's license first, which means I have to establish proof of residence (like a bill in my name). All in good time.
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

Oh yeah BTDT. Moved from 700sf to something like 2200. My old house was about 20 years older but had fewer problems mostly due to being smaller and less complex.

Jered

Post by Jered »

I have an air conditioner that's like 60 years old. It still works. They don't make them like they used to.

I went from 1000 square feet to 1800 square feet and a carport and shed to a 2 car garage, a carport, and two sheds.
The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote.