Poisted by my own Hetard.

Discussions about our lives, families, jobs... things may get a little personal
toad

Poisted by my own Hetard.

Post by toad »

I had sleep apnea and I figured I was covering it by blocking myself up on my side so that I wouldn't sleep on my back. So I went into the Doc's office for a wellness check and to bitch about my blood pressure meds. I told the Doc my current symptoms, which included nodding off even while waiting for him and he told me that wasn't a blood pressure problem, that was sleep apnea and it was time for a sleep study...….The thing is even if I end up with a CPAP how much is left of me? At 73 will I recover enough to becomes a pro fitness instructor :lol:
HTRN

Re: Poisted by my own Hetard.

Post by HTRN »

My mother has it, and the difference is remarkable.
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
Weetabix

Post by Weetabix »

Tell them the mask must look like Darth Vader's.
Note to self: start reading sig lines. They're actually quite amusing. :D
skb12172

Post by skb12172 »

Do you still have your tonsils? Having them out was the difference for me. Plus, if you find a doctor who uses the tissue welding technique, the recovery isn't any worse than having strep for a week.
There must be an end to this intimidation by those who come to this great country, but reject its culture.
MiddleAgedKen

Post by MiddleAgedKen »

Weetabix wrote: Sun Jun 17, 2018 2:32 pm Tell them the mask must look like Darth Vader's.
If I ever need one, I'm thinking something in the line of Vietnam-era Thud jock. :)
Shop at Traitor Joe's: Just 10% to the Big Guy gets you the whole store and everything in it!
toad

Post by toad »

I can see it now , I get a job as a waiter and hobble up to my table with my mask on and squeak out , Hi! my name is Timmy and I'm going to be your aggravating service person , now order , eat it, and get the hell out!"
Jered

Post by Jered »

It makes a difference.

I got a machine. It takes a few months to get used to it, but it's worth it.
The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote.
randy

Post by randy »

I didn't have much problem getting use to wearing the mask (I think it was all the time spent wearing aircrew O2 masks and gas masks).

Now if I go without it (happened a couple times during a power outage (I know have a 12 v car adapter and a large battery) or once when I left the power cord at home when traveling) I feel miserable and go back to being up every hour. I did settle the question of whether I was getting up to go to the bathroom or going to the bathroom because I was up. it was the latter and I now often make it through the entire night without a trip to the bathroom.

An additional benefit is that I haven't had near the sinus problems I had, especially in the winter. I think it's a combination of the air filter in the system and, mainly, the humidified air I get at night. Cold, dry air used to do a real number on me (think Mars Throat), but not as much since I got the CPAP.
...even before I read MHI, my response to seeing a poster for the stars of the latest Twilight movies was "I see 2 targets and a collaborator".
toad

Post by toad »

I've been told that it is highly probable that I won't have to urinate as much if I get on the CPAP and will at least cut down on my use of a catheter. I like the idea of an air filter since in my area we get these various airborne organic irritants, pollen, fungus, and what ever. It cost a bit more but I think I'll go for the humidifier option.
evan price

Post by evan price »

76%O2 sat and 195/110 b p. Falling asleep everywhere including at red lights in the car or while talking to people.. And the constant joint and muscle pain and fatigue.
CPAP made a night and day difference.
I use a full face mask with humidification. I have mine run on an old APC Back-UPS 300w For power failures.
It greatly interferes with spontaneous natural marital relations, even cuddling can be difficult between the mask, hose and air exhausting out the mask. But it's worth it. Saved my life.
Bonus, I don't seem to catch sick or allergies as much.
Sic gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc

http://ohioccwforums.org/
Ohioans for Concealed Carry:THE source for Ohio CCW information and discussion!