Discussions about our lives, families, jobs... things may get a little personal
toad

Re: Poisted by my own Hetard.

Post by toad »

Hmmmm , do I need to find a kinky woman ? " Hose me Darth !"
Jered

Post by Jered »

evan price wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:50 am It greatly interferes with spontaneous natural marital relations, even cuddling can be difficult between the mask, hose and air exhausting out the mask. But it's worth it. Saved my life.
Think of it as denying her your essence.
The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote.
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

toad wrote: Mon Jun 18, 2018 11:29 pm I've been told that it is highly probable that I won't have to urinate as much if I get on the CPAP and will at least cut down on my use of a catheter. I like the idea of an air filter since in my area we get these various airborne organic irritants, pollen, fungus, and what ever. It cost a bit more but I think I'll go for the humidifier option.
Consider investing in a water purifier - having to constantly get distilled water all the time becomes a hassle after a while.
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
randy

Post by randy »

I just buy a gallon of distilled water as needed during my regular weekly grocery shopping.

A gallon lasts about a week in the winter (dry winter air) and sometimes a couple of weeks in the summer (high humidity ambient air).

I have one being used, a full one as back up, and buy a new one the week one is opened. We then refill the jug with tap water and use as part of our emergency (1 gallon per person per day) supply, as the jugs seem to wear out and leak after a couple of months and get tossed.
...even before I read MHI, my response to seeing a poster for the stars of the latest Twilight movies was "I see 2 targets and a collaborator".
Jered

Post by Jered »

Distilled water is like $0.85/gallon. I buy a gallon or two at my local Wal-Mart every time that I go. I think I use about a gallon and a half a week because I do nasal irrigation too.
SoupOrMan

Post by SoupOrMan »

A CPAP made a huge difference for me. Now my exercise and eating plan are finally able to do their jobs because I'm getting enough sleep to recover properly.
Remember, folks, you can't spell "douche" without "Che."

“PET PARENTS?” You’re not a “pet parent.” You’re a pet owner. Unless you’ve committed an unnatural act that succeeded in spite of biology. - Glenn Reynolds
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

Jered wrote: Wed Jun 20, 2018 11:56 pm Distilled water is like $0.85/gallon. I buy a gallon or two at my local Wal-Mart every time that I go. I think I use about a gallon and a half a week because I do nasal irrigation too.
1 there is no local walmart, the nearest on requires me crossing a bridge with a toll most of you would not believe.
2 Ever had to run out and buy it at a cvs at midnight because you needed it? It aint 85 cents.

Plus having an ro setup means its easy to deal with water changes in reef tanks, and maybe ill do the proper thing for once and not put tap water in the radiator..
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
Jered

Post by Jered »

Dang. I live in the middle of Montana and have a local Wal-Mart.
Vonz90

Post by Vonz90 »

Jered wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 1:29 pm Dang. I live in the middle of Montana and have a local Wal-Mart.
Yes, but that is a civilized place, not like NYFC.
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

Walmart is kept out by politics, one is less than 10 miles away, but theres the whole 13 dollar bridge toll.

2, everything here is more expensive, due to taxes, and real estate costs. Shoprite brand distilled water when it goes on sale is a buck, normally like 1.30ish.