Headed to Wyoming

Discussions about our lives, families, jobs... things may get a little personal
JKosprey

Headed to Wyoming

Post by JKosprey »

I came across a job posting a couple weeks ago on facebook for some seasonal environmental consultants. I hate my current job in EMS, so on a whim I sent in a cover letter...turns out I got the job! It's only an 8-week stint (so I'll be back in time for nursing school). Double what I make at home, with housing covered. I'll be working out of the Douglas area, and I should have a handful of days off each week. If anyone is in the area and wants to have a TGC meetup I would be game! I'll be there from the beginning of July through about the 20th of August.

Unfortunately, no firearms- Wyoming doesn't give reciprocity to NY, and I don't have the time to take one of the out-of-state Utah/Florida classes before my flight leaves.
randy

Re: Headed to Wyoming

Post by randy »

The main problem you may have is not wanting to leave when it's time to go back.

Good to hear. Keep in touch.
...even before I read MHI, my response to seeing a poster for the stars of the latest Twilight movies was "I see 2 targets and a collaborator".
JKosprey

Post by JKosprey »

Yeah, the Missus told me I'm not allowed to fall in love with it. I told her that probably wouldn't be possible, but that I'd stay realistic. I know she doesn't want to leave the Northeast unless the rest of the family does. Grandparents are important.
Jered

Post by Jered »

I'm in Montana, but that's still far away.

Oh, and, Wyoming is an open carry state.
The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote.
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

randy wrote: Sat Jun 16, 2018 10:49 pm The main problem you may have is not wanting to leave when it's time to go back.
Winter will fix that.
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
First Shirt

Post by First Shirt »

It only snows once a year in Wyoming. The rest of the time it just blows around. And it doesn't melt, it just wears out.
But there ain't many troubles that a man caint fix, with seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six."
Lindy Cooper Wisdom
Weetabix

Post by Weetabix »

The only time I passed through Wyoming, it was summer, and it was beautiful. Have fun!
Note to self: start reading sig lines. They're actually quite amusing. :D
Jered

Post by Jered »

First Shirt wrote: Sun Jun 17, 2018 2:36 am It only snows once a year in Wyoming. The rest of the time it just blows around. And it doesn't melt, it just wears out.
That wasn't true in Montana this year.

:o

It snowed. Then it snowed more. Then it snowed some more. And oh, by the way, winter won't be over until April.

I find the dryer cold more bearable than the damp coastal cold, too.
The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote.
First Shirt

Post by First Shirt »

Brace yourself! Wyoming has better scenery than Colorado, and fewer people than Denver.
But there ain't many troubles that a man caint fix, with seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six."
Lindy Cooper Wisdom
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

Jered wrote: Sun Jun 17, 2018 9:58 pm It snowed. Then it snowed more. Then it snowed some more. And oh, by the way, winter won't be over until April.

I find the dryer cold more bearable than the damp coastal cold, too.
Two years ago, was one of the worst winters in a long time in the mid atlantic.someone i know who lives in the poconos didnt see his lawn until memorial day. I was up there looking at houses in mid april that year, and i saw people ice fishing - it was in the mid 20s. :shock:
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt