Headed to Wyoming

Discussions about our lives, families, jobs... things may get a little personal
Jered

Re: Headed to Wyoming

Post by Jered »

HTRN wrote: Mon Jun 18, 2018 12:52 am Two years ago, was one of the worst winters in a long time in the mid atlantic.someone i know who lives in the poconos didnt see his lawn until memorial day. I was up there looking at houses in mid april that year, and i saw people ice fishing - it was in the mid 20s. :shock:
We got 4 feet of snow over the average, here.

It took ages for it to go away.
The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote.
SoupOrMan

Post by SoupOrMan »

Sadly, my parents managed to not be charmed by the part of Wyoming that immediately surrounded Francis E. Warren AFB. Otherwise I'd likely be from there instead of Illinois. (It was there or Offutt, and Dad wasn't too keen on Mom trying to find work off-base anywhere.)

I took a road trip up there from Lowry with some of my squadmates. I thought it was beautiful.
Remember, folks, you can't spell "douche" without "Che."

“PET PARENTS?” You’re not a “pet parent.” You’re a pet owner. Unless you’ve committed an unnatural act that succeeded in spite of biology. - Glenn Reynolds
First Shirt

Post by First Shirt »

Funny thing about Wyoming, there's a larger-than-average percentage of women on road crews, and not just as flaggers, but running heavy equipment. I didn't understand it, but it was explained that most of them are farm or ranch wives, and have experience running heavy stuff, or at least aren't scared to learn, and it lets them carry the family insurance while the husband keeps up the farm/ranch.
But there ain't many troubles that a man caint fix, with seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six."
Lindy Cooper Wisdom
toad

Post by toad »

I remember reading somewhere about the farm and ranch girls volley ball. …. they don't jump as high, but when they spike the ball, they spike the ball. Not sure if they wear overalls or not.

"Good bye old paint I'm leaving Cheyenne , Good bye old paint I'm off to Montan ," ) Just stay out of Helena
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

JKosprey wrote: Sat Jun 16, 2018 8:54 pmI'll be working out of the Douglas area,
Good, ive heard horror stories from now deceased member 9.3foryouandme about living in Riverton which is in the Wind River Reservation. They really, really dont like white people for the most part, especially tribal police.
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt