Good news for JK and family

Discussions about our lives, families, jobs... things may get a little personal
JKosprey

Re: Good news for JK and family

Post by JKosprey »

John_in_Longview wrote:Congratulations. Both of my sisters are nurses. I highly recommend getting your BS in nursing and not stopping at the associates degree level.
Absolutely. But I can do that online after I board...while getting paid to do so.
JKosprey

Post by JKosprey »

On a slightly related note,

I think the first gun thing I'm going to do is order a Garand from the CMP once I have the funds. There's something extra freedomy about having a firearm delivered to your door via mail, and I can't think of any other rifle that says "FREEDOM!" better than an M1.
308Mike

Post by 308Mike »

Outstanding!!! Congrats on your new path and we wish you success in your new path!!
POLITICIANS & DIAPERS NEED TO BE CHANGED OFTEN AND FOR THE SAME REASON

A person properly schooled in right and wrong is safe with any weapon. A person with no idea of good and evil is unsafe with a knitting needle, or the cap from a ballpoint pen.

I remain pessimistic given the way BATF and the anti gun crowd have become tape worms in the guts of the Republic. - toad
Cybrludite

Post by Cybrludite »

Congrats! My niece is doing a similar thing here, and is leaning towards surgery as her specialty, because there's less (and I quote) "wiping other people's asses" with that one.
"If it ain't the Devil's Music, you ain't doin' it right." - Chris Thomas King

"When liberal democracies collapse, someone comes along who promises to make the trains run on time if we load the right people into them." - Tam K.
skb12172

Post by skb12172 »

Bravo! Update us often, please.
There must be an end to this intimidation by those who come to this great country, but reject its culture.
JKosprey

Re: Good news for JK and family *update* Foiled by economics

Post by JKosprey »

Just wanted to post an update. Unfortunately it looks like we're staying in NY a little while longer. There's a very long (and frankly, a little infuriating) story behind it (Mostly, marital stubbornness). The bottom line is that the price difference between in-state tuition in NY and out of state tuition in NH is about 90% ($8500 for the degree vs 16,500). My GI bill was exhausted and my prior bachelors means that my only financial aid will be loans. Since I intend to continue to advanced level provider, the less debt I can manage to accrue in the earlier parts of this, the better we'll be off long term, even if it leaves a sour taste in my mouth. I just can't justify spending twice as much (and accruing twice as much debt) for the same qualification. We can still leave at the end....
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
toad

Post by toad »

There are a lot of stories out there about avoiding additional education debt even for good paying jobs.
I've dated a nurse or two and the one doing the general nursing in a hospital was close to burn out. She found someone to marry and support her.
Even Doctors are looking for 9 to 5 jobs these days.