Xmas 2017 Loot

Discussions about our lives, families, jobs... things may get a little personal
Frankingun
Trigger Junkie

Xmas 2017 Loot

Postby Frankingun » Wed Dec 27, 2017 3:18 pm

What did you all get?

I got some clothes, cash, and Cabela’s gift cards.
Buy ammunition and magazines.

You'll shoot your eye out!

Another blog.

Langenator
Loose Cannon

Re: Xmas 2017 Loot

Postby Langenator » Wed Dec 27, 2017 4:44 pm

Clothes (notably 2 pairs of 5.11 pants), books, gift cards from Amazon and Home Depot.

And a bottle of whiskey - Rio Brazos 'College Station' Texas Corn Whiskey.
Fortuna Fortis Paratus

First Shirt
Active Shooter

Postby First Shirt » Wed Dec 27, 2017 5:17 pm

Got some great books (to be reviewed here, later).
Some clothes that fit, some gift cards.

The funniest one is a full-size 1911 made entirely from 1-1/2 lbs of milk chocolate! Gives a whole new meaning to "eat a gun".

My running buddies made me a heart-shaped plaque with our picture from the April Warrior Dash on it. That's hanging on the wall right now.
But there ain't many troubles that a man caint fix, with seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six."
Lindy Cooper Wisdom

Weetabix
Good Christ I Need A Life

Postby Weetabix » Wed Dec 27, 2017 5:31 pm

Ken Onion Worksharp knife sharpener (don't judge me for not being able to hold an angle), dental loupe for work too small for aging eyes, wool shirt, foam ear plugs, and such.

My daughter got me a notebook labeled on the front, "I'm an engineer. Let's just save some time and assume I'm never wrong." :lol:
Note to self: start reading sig lines. They're actually quite amusing. :D

MarkD
Active Shooter

Postby MarkD » Wed Dec 27, 2017 5:55 pm

Amazon and Cabela's gift cards, a bottle of Glenmorangie, and a bottle opener/flashlight/corkscrew/pen knife combo (my niece heard I like bottle openers, flashlights and knives).

FelixEstrella
On a list somewhere

Postby FelixEstrella » Wed Dec 27, 2017 9:10 pm

I got my wish ......

inner_peace.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Luck is where you find it—but to find it you have to look for it" -- Eugene Fluckey.
Blogspot
picsig

Precision
Active Shooter

Postby Precision » Thu Dec 28, 2017 12:42 am

Bought myself a VR unit for the spare room, some shooting steel and some projectiles.

Getting some Lowes GC to buy some tools I need for the house remodel.
Got cards and hugs from the kids.

All and all a good year.
"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~Thomas Jefferson
My little part of the blogosphere. http://blogletitburn.wordpress.com/

Mike OTDP
On a list somewhere

Postby Mike OTDP » Thu Dec 28, 2017 1:26 am

I got a new iPod, as my old one was quite full. The new one will live in my car.

randy

Postby randy » Thu Dec 28, 2017 2:02 am

Is Cash

Is good
...even before I read MHI, my response to seeing a poster for the stars of the latest Twilight movies was "I see 2 targets and a collaborator".

slowpoke
Trigger Junkie

Postby slowpoke » Thu Dec 28, 2017 2:07 am

Santa brought a 6.5CM Compass :D
Going to try to match the Social Regressive’s 1000yds for $500.
"Islam delenda est" Aesop

Rod
Active Shooter

Postby Rod » Thu Dec 28, 2017 2:10 am

The joy of getting exactly what my wife wanted and a 12 ounce coffee cup that says "Caffeine is the new black".
one can be a Democrat, or one can choose to be an American.
Good acting requires an imagination; reality requires a person not getting lost in their imagination.
"It's better to have a gun if you need it". Felix's opthamologist

HTRN
Probably Unemployed

Postby HTRN » Thu Dec 28, 2017 2:45 am

Same thing I got last year: bills. :|
EGO partum , proinde EGO sum

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt

Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum

Jered

Postby Jered » Thu Dec 28, 2017 3:40 am

Bear Spray
Kerosene Heater
Memoir '44
a Canteen cup lid
a Miter saw
a flint and steel
an emergency tarp type thing.
an Amazon gift card

I used the card for 8mm Mauser RCBS dies.
The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote.

Dinochrome One
Case Shiner

Postby Dinochrome One » Thu Dec 28, 2017 4:24 am

Christmas in the little valley was quiet and peaceful. Loot includes Volume 4 of Sluggy Freelance, a set of nesting-dolls from Russia depicting Soviet leaders, a much-needed riding-mower jack from Harbor Freight, a BUNCH of plaid flannel shirts, a new web-belt for my dress-blue uniform, and several varieties of chocolate. :mrgreen:
Maxim 34: If you're only leaving scorch-marks, you need a bigger gun.

Netpackrat
Probably Unemployed

Postby Netpackrat » Thu Dec 28, 2017 5:55 am

Mrs NPR got me a gift certificate at Alaska Tactical that I used to buy a stand for one of my steel targets. In-laws gave me a Dewalt set with both a driver and a drill, brother gave me a brick of subsonic .22 ammo and a dry bag, says there is something else that hasn't arrived yet. One of the kids gave me a Yeti soda can cooler that seems to be a whole lot more effective than one of the foam insulated ones like I normally use. Coupla books and a few other things that I am forgetting about at the moment.

Then I ordered the dust eater I mentioned in Does Not Follow, which actually shipped today to my surprise. Then just now I ordered the last of the odds and ends I needed to finish my 16" 300 Blackout AR that started with an AAC barrel that I found heavily discounted a year or so ago, plus an extra Aero Precision nickel boron BCG for my 300 sbr to replace the phosphated one that gets crudded up after just a few hundred rounds and shuts down the rifle (because it shits where it eats).
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop

Steamforger
On a list somewhere

Postby Steamforger » Thu Dec 28, 2017 6:58 am

Got some Amazon gift cards. Family came over for lunch and my lesbian aunt gives everyone a pair of scissors.

Scissors.

I had to excuse myself for a bit. You can't make this shit up

Netpackrat
Probably Unemployed

Postby Netpackrat » Thu Dec 28, 2017 7:06 am

Yeah AlaskaTRX and I have a relative who gives similar "WTF" gifts. I looked up this year's odd gift on Amazon, where it goes for about $10. The dollar amount isn't important at all except that I felt bad that they spent good money on the items which are destined to be binned.
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop

Steamforger
On a list somewhere

Postby Steamforger » Thu Dec 28, 2017 7:23 am

The $$$ amount didn't concern me at all, and they do at least seem to be useful.

"Scissoring" is a lesbian thing. I'll leave the Googling of it to the adventurous.

308Mike

Postby 308Mike » Thu Dec 28, 2017 7:41 am

A present I wish I didn't need - a new left hip.

The bruising is coming through all the swelling now. I've always loved multi-colored tints of human skin..... :lol: :lol:
POLITICIANS & DIAPERS NEED TO BE CHANGED OFTEN AND FOR THE SAME REASON

A person properly schooled in right and wrong is safe with any weapon. A person with no idea of good and evil is unsafe with a knitting needle, or the cap from a ballpoint pen.

I remain pessimistic given the way BATF and the anti gun crowd have become tape worms in the guts of the Republic. - toad

Greg
Probably Unemployed

Postby Greg » Thu Dec 28, 2017 4:36 pm

Pretty much just a new cell phone, a bit of 'Merry Christmas to me'. But that's plenty.
Maybe we're just jaded, but your villainy is not particularly impressive. -Ennesby

If you know what you're doing, you're not learning anything. -Unknown
Sanity is the process by which you continually adjust your beliefs so they are predictively sound. -esr

g-man
Trigger Junkie

Postby g-man » Thu Dec 28, 2017 6:48 pm

Three hours in a quiet house with my coffee and some gingerbread cookies before the kids got up.

Got a new (to me) slip-on muffler for the big bike, so it'll shed about 15# once the pipe finally gets here (no USPS Christmas Miracle...)

Also got enough cash and Mastercard gift-card monies from family that my wife asked "If we can stay with friends, do you think this would cover going to Hawaii for your 40th? (coming in Feb)" I was floored. NB: We can get there nearly for free, since nearby Travis AFB is the west-coast AMC hub and has a couple hops a week to Pearl Harbor / Hickam. Costs will basically be the rental car and dog kenneling, since flights are at most $9 each (surcharge on the Freedom Express), food is a wash, and she's subsequently worked out lodging. Still totally floored.
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum

evan price
Trigger Junkie

Postby evan price » Fri Dec 29, 2017 9:56 pm

A box of 22s, a surround sound system and a Sparrows Revolver.
Sic gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc

http://ohioccwforums.org/
Ohioans for Concealed Carry:THE source for Ohio CCW information and discussion!

Weetabix

Postby Weetabix » Fri Dec 29, 2017 10:03 pm

I forgot to mention. I gave my son a lower and a rifle kit. We built it today. I confessed that he could have built it by himself, but part of the gift was selfish - building it together meant I got to have him over and have a small project together. :D
Note to self: start reading sig lines. They're actually quite amusing. :D

MiddleAgedKen
On a list somewhere

Postby MiddleAgedKen » Sat Dec 30, 2017 1:07 am

Biggest gift: my whole family was together on Christmas Day. I got a great new set of kitchen knives for home, a smaller (good) set for the forward operating base, a BB-8 ornament, and a Barnes & Noble gift card that I turned into Monster Hunter: Legion and Monster Hunter: Nemesis (Nook editions). Life is good.
Watergate didn't have a body count.

308Mike

Postby 308Mike » Sat Dec 30, 2017 7:20 am

Steamforger wrote:Got some Amazon gift cards. Family came over for lunch and my lesbian aunt gives everyone a pair of scissors.

Scissors.

Is that so they can cut off all their boobs?? Asking people to cut off other people's body parts is a recipe for combat. They want people to do some snipping, they first need to start looking in the mirror!

A person properly schooled in right and wrong is safe with any weapon. A person with no idea of good and evil is unsafe with a knitting needle, or the cap from a ballpoint pen.

I remain pessimistic given the way BATF and the anti gun crowd have become tape worms in the guts of the Republic. - toad

SoupOrMan

Postby SoupOrMan » Tue Jan 02, 2018 6:18 am

Aimpoint Carbine Optic. Dad picked it up when we visited Bass Pro Shops back in September. Got some Lee reloading dies for .380 & 9mm, but I'll need to order factory crimp dies and turrets for both of them.
Remember, folks, you can't spell "douche" without "Che."

“PET PARENTS?” You’re not a “pet parent.” You’re a pet owner. Unless you’ve committed an unnatural act that succeeded in spite of biology. - Glenn Reynolds

AndytheAxe
Case Shiner

Postby AndytheAxe » Wed Jan 03, 2018 4:58 am

My girlfriend found the whiskey glasses Deckard had in Blade Runner :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Of All the gin joints in All the Towns in All the World... she walks into mine" ~ Rick (Humphrey Bogart)

Vonz90
Active Shooter

Postby Vonz90 » Wed Jan 03, 2018 5:34 am

Bought a house on three acres, then spent close to as much on a sleep number bed. (Ouch)

Had 4 of the five kids home and all 2.5 grand kids, went to church, hung out with my parents some. Not going to complain.

308Mike

Postby 308Mike » Thu Jan 04, 2018 3:22 am

Vonz90 wrote:Bought a house on three acres, then spent close to as much on a sleep number bed. (Ouch)

So I'm guessing those are now WHITE ACRES, with the snow (not Green Acres - remember the TV show??)??? :D :D :D :D

Vonz90
Active Shooter

Postby Vonz90 » Thu Jan 04, 2018 3:36 pm

308Mike wrote:
Vonz90 wrote:Bought a house on three acres, then spent close to as much on a sleep number bed. (Ouch)

So I'm guessing those are now WHITE ACRES, with the snow (not Green Acres - remember the TV show??)??? :D :D :D :D

Capture.JPG

This was my front yard more or less last week. Most of the snow is still there but we have not had any additional

Greg
Probably Unemployed

Postby Greg » Thu Jan 04, 2018 4:25 pm

308Mike wrote:
Steamforger wrote:Got some Amazon gift cards. Family came over for lunch and my lesbian aunt gives everyone a pair of scissors.

Scissors.

Is that so they can cut off all their boobs?? Asking people to cut off other people's body parts is a recipe for combat. They want people to do some snipping, they first need to start looking in the mirror!

Um, no. It's a little like a lonely single guy giving out gift packs consisting of a bottle of moisturizing lotion and a single sock. :lol:
Maybe we're just jaded, but your villainy is not particularly impressive. -Ennesby

Sanity is the process by which you continually adjust your beliefs so they are predictively sound. -esr

Greg
Probably Unemployed

Postby Greg » Thu Jan 04, 2018 4:27 pm

Weetabix wrote:I forgot to mention. I gave my son a lower and a rifle kit. We built it today. I confessed that he could have built it by himself, but part of the gift was selfish - building it together meant I got to have him over and have a small project together. :D

Oh well done. :)

Cybrludite
Active Shooter

Postby Cybrludite » Sun Jan 07, 2018 12:15 pm

A proper sized beer mug. Also a bunch of those green generic gift certificates.

20171225_125744.jpg
"If it ain't the Devil's Music, you ain't doin' it right." - Chris Thomas King

"When liberal democracies collapse, someone comes along who promises to make the trains run on time if we load the right people into them." - Tam K.

blackeagle603
Probably Unemployed

Postby blackeagle603 » Sun Jan 07, 2018 10:38 pm

80% AR-10 lower. All done now and ready to go shopping. Probably be a while though. Some big ticket repairs and such around the house came up to deal with first. We'll see how the taxman treats me -- though with wife's earning picking up I'm not optimistic.

BE603 sends (from Shanghai at the moment)
"The Guncounter: More fun than a barrel of tattooed knife-fighting chain-smoking monkey butlers with drinking problems and excessive gambling debts!"

"The right of the citizens to keep and bear arms has justly been considered, as the palladium of the liberties of a republic;" Justice Story

Return to “The Kitchen Table”