...I've been summoned.

Discussions about our lives, families, jobs... things may get a little personal
Jered

...I've been summoned.

Post by Jered »

Like someone reading from an old dusty tome in order to conjure a demon from ancient ages, I've been summoned.

...yeah, I got tagged for jury duty.

:lol:
The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote.
Steamforger

Re: ...I've been summoned.

Post by Steamforger »

One of my interns was summoned. I told him to tell the lawyers as fast as possible that he's an electrical engineer.

I suspect he won't make it past the Voir Dire.
scipioafricanus

Post by scipioafricanus »

Tell them you believe in Jury Nullification.
If there is a Stairway to Heaven, is there an Escalator to Hell?
If God wanted men to play soccer, he wouldn’t have given us arms. - Mike Ditka
Rod

Post by Rod »

Brazenly display the latest Ann Coulter book as you face the attorneys.
one can be a Democrat, or one can choose to be an American.
Good acting requires an imagination; reality requires a person not getting lost in their imagination.
"It's better to have a gun if you need it". Felix's opthamologist
Old Grafton

Post by Old Grafton »

Go gladly. It's your chance to inject a bit of good sense into what otherwise is often a clusterf--k of PC or similar foolishness. Besides, most of the time you're notified that the accused plead out rather than face a jury, and the rest of the day is yours to either return to work or go home. yes it is often a PITA but would you rather do it or see "Dindu Nuffin" making citizenship-type decisions in your stead?
I'm not old--It's too early to be this late.
randy

Post by randy »

Been "summoned" 5-6 times and never had to actually go down to the court house. Just had to check the answering machine when I got home every evening for reporting instructions until the time period ran out or (usually) they say to don't bother calling any longer.

The only time I actually go out of it was when Bexar County Texas sent me a notice, through my intermediate duty station in Korea, to my then current station in Omaha, and it arrived the day before I was to report. I called them up and they allowed as to how that was a valid reason and excused me.

I was an alternate on a Court Martial board once, does that count? ;)

Had an Airman in my office in Kelly AFB that was summoned and was absolutely terrified that she would get a murder case to have to decide on.

We told her to take a quarter in and flip a coin. Heads: "He must be guilty or those fine young men of the Police would never have arrested him". Tails: " I know the Pigs grab people off the street and railroad them just to make their stats look good". Either way she wouldn't have to worry about serving on a murder case!
...even before I read MHI, my response to seeing a poster for the stars of the latest Twilight movies was "I see 2 targets and a collaborator".
Weetabix

Post by Weetabix »

I've only been summoned once. I talked them into letting me serve. I figure if I'm ever in front of a jury, I don't want it made up of people who were too dumb to get out of it.

Of course, that didn't work out too well for that defendant, so...
Note to self: start reading sig lines. They're actually quite amusing. :D
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

Juror summoning spell becomes corrupted by the demon summoning spell, and a fed appears....
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
MiddleAgedKen

Post by MiddleAgedKen »

Pulled jury duty once, going on 25 years ago, in a county I don't live in now. Civil trial, in which plaintiff's counsel selected "pound the table" as a strategy.
Shop at Traitor Joe's: Just 10% to the Big Guy gets you the whole store and everything in it!
Jered

Post by Jered »

Netpackrat wrote:Juror summoning spell becomes corrupted by the demon summoning spell, and a fed appears....
:lol:
The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote.