Got to meet Mookie

Discussions about our lives, families, jobs... things may get a little personal
Candyman

Got to meet Mookie

Post by Candyman »

Today started of like any other Saturday, breakfast and coffee and and a stop by the local gun store. By the time noon got here, I was wondering what I was going to do the rest of the day. That's when my friend Charles gave me a call. He told me that he was headed to work at Akiy Defense and that Ben Mookie Thomas was coming to the shop around 3pm. He said that they were going to be cooking Jambalaya and Creole white beans.
My friend Charles has always talked about Mookie and I thought it would be cool to meet him. And what better way to end a Saturday then hanging out with friends at a gun shop eating good home cooked food.
Now I have heard good and bad about Mookie, but the people that I have talked to that have met him have all said that he was a great guy, I guessed that I would find out for myself.
I got to the shop around three in the middle of a rain storm. Charles, Joe and Zack's wife were in the kitchen, yes there is a kitchen in the shop, cutting everything up for the jambalaya. Things started smelling pretty good and I was getting hungry.
Mookie showed up a little later and started shaking hands. I have to tell you that it was like saying hi to an old friend. We sat around eating and drinking beer, well they drank beer I can't drink. We shot the bull and talked a little shop and had a pretty good time.
It was a pleasure to meet Mookie.
100.JPG
101.JPG
Do not relish to feel what the men that used these weapons felt when they saw the elephant. For the elephant has tusk and to see him is to have his tusk dig deep into your soul. You will always have a part of you that will be cold and empty.