On the Road again...

Discussions about our lives, families, jobs... things may get a little personal
Rumpshot

On the Road again...

Post by Rumpshot »

The Mrs and I bought a new travel trailer last summer. We decided to make a road trip. My cancer games put everything in jeopardy for a period of time.

We had planned on a trip to Montana, then east through Minnesota to visit cousins, Michigan (UP) to see a friend, then down across the loooong bridge to lower Michigan, Dayton, Ohio, then Friendship, IN. Hope that Oleg and maybe Precision can come up to Friendship for a short visit. I plan a day in the Nashville area and visit with both of them after the Spring Shoot is over at Friendship. From there we will visit Lynchburg, TN for obvious reasons. Then through Memphis and then southwest to Dallas, enroute to Austin. Will spend a day or two visiting our Granddaughter, then to El Paso. I hear that there is a grouchy old fart there. Might visit with him and his wonderful bride. Too far to drive home in one day from El Paso, we will probably visit Karchner Caverns for a day, then home.

Timing actually worked out for getting started. The time in Montana was supposed to be constructive, but socializing has cut most of that out. We leave the Sidney area on Tuesday.

Tenative timeline: 31 May, Silverlake, MN; 1 June Escanaba, MI; Dayton 5 or 6 Jun; 7-19 Jun Friendship; 19 Jun Nashville area; 21 Jun Memphis; 23 Jun Dallas, 24-25 Jun Austin; 26 Jun El Paso; 27 Jun Karchner; 29 Jun HOME!
NRA Life Member
VFW Life Member
NMLRA Field Rep
North Central Arizona
randy

Re: On the Road again...

Post by randy »

When you're approaching Dayton, give me a yell. I can't take those days off due to work projects, but we certainly schedule something for the evening!
...even before I read MHI, my response to seeing a poster for the stars of the latest Twilight movies was "I see 2 targets and a collaborator".
Rumpshot

Post by Rumpshot »

randy wrote:When you're approaching Dayton, give me a yell. I can't take those days off due to work projects, but we certainly schedule something for the evening!
Will be staying with my cousin and his wife in Beaver Creek. Trailer will be parked at the local airport for the night. Will call, don't expect any free time.
NRA Life Member
VFW Life Member
NMLRA Field Rep
North Central Arizona
randy

Post by randy »

RR understand. I forgot I have VFW meeting the 6th and it's Office installation so I have to be there.
...even before I read MHI, my response to seeing a poster for the stars of the latest Twilight movies was "I see 2 targets and a collaborator".
DavidB

Post by DavidB »

Weetabix

Post by Weetabix »

Looks like the closest you'll be to me is a 4-hr drive to Little Rock. :(
Note to self: start reading sig lines. They're actually quite amusing. :D
Candyman

Post by Candyman »

Looks like you will be north of me on your way to Dallas. But just know that the door is always open and the coffee fresh.
Do not relish to feel what the men that used these weapons felt when they saw the elephant. For the elephant has tusk and to see him is to have his tusk dig deep into your soul. You will always have a part of you that will be cold and empty.
TheArmsman

Post by TheArmsman »

On your way back, will you be coming through Tucson?
When death is inevitable, style counts.

Survival trumps programming.
Rumpshot

Post by Rumpshot »

TheArmsman wrote:On your way back, will you be coming through Tucson?
Yup. El Paso to Prescott pretty much means Tucson along the way. Tentatively planning an overnighter at Karchner Caverns.

7-19 Jun is pretty firm. Time between now and the 7th is stacking up pretty tight. After the 19th, as long as we are in Austin the 24th and 25th, is somewhat flexible. Toward the end the available clean underwear may become a factor...

We would entertain a brief stop to visit in Tucson.
NRA Life Member
VFW Life Member
NMLRA Field Rep
North Central Arizona
Rod

Post by Rod »

You know you're welcome and we'd be glad to host you. Eagerly awaiting June now.
one can be a Democrat, or one can choose to be an American.
Good acting requires an imagination; reality requires a person not getting lost in their imagination.
"It's better to have a gun if you need it". Felix's opthamologist