Name change

Discussions about our lives, families, jobs... things may get a little personal
slowpoke

Re: Name change

Post by slowpoke »

Rod wrote:Throatwarbler Mangrove, pronounced John Smith.
"The dash be not silent?"
I suggest changing your name to Martel or Sobieski. We could use more of both. 8-)
"Islam delenda est" Aesop
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

Jericho941 wrote:
HTRN wrote:Max fightmaster?
Trogdor burninator?
Thorfinn Skulsplitter?

Ps, only one of those is fake. :shock:
http://mst3k.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_Nic ... Dave_Ryder
Max fightmaster is/was a Sgt in the US army, and cracked.com voted him manliest name ever.

Thorfinn Torf-Einarsson, who's nickname was "skullsplitter", was the third earl of Orkney, in the 10th century. He's also connected to another interesting name, " Erik Bloodaxe" :lol:

Those whacky Vikings, eh? :lol:
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
Vonz90

Post by Vonz90 »

Oldest son is named Joachim (after my German father) people think he must be Spanish of some sort all the time, since it seems sort of like Juaquin I guess. Meh people are stupid.

Other son is named Gerhard (old German for spear thrower). He is named after my Grandfather and an uncle. About 20 some years ago Notre Dame had a linebacker named Gerhardt Bonecrusher, which is a very cool name combination.
Goods2010

Post by Goods2010 »

Old Grafton wrote:Hmmmnnn.... then you might be paired with all the buxom female Scandinavian blondes instead.....worth looking into, yes? :D
I do love me some buxom female Scandinavian blondes.
slowpoke wrote:I suggest changing your name to Martel or Sobieski. We could use more of both. 8-)
Martel was on the list. Don't know if I could handle ski being in name. Merely speaking it in the presence of my fellow men at arms inspired thoughts of murder and mayhem due to the attitude/actions of a certain supply NCO... Richard was on the table. I wouldn't mind being called Rick.
MiddleAgedKen

Post by MiddleAgedKen »

HTRN beat me to Bolt VanderHuge, if a bit obliquely, so I'll just chime in with Rainier Luftwaffe Wolfcastle.
Shop at Traitor Joe's: Just 10% to the Big Guy gets you the whole store and everything in it!
Goods2010

Post by Goods2010 »

MiddleAgedKen wrote:HTRN beat me to Bolt VanderHuge,.
Might as well change it to Barry Macackiner in that case....
Rod

Post by Rod »

Goods2010 wrote:
Old Grafton wrote:Hmmmnnn.... then you might be paired with all the buxom female Scandinavian blondes instead.....worth looking into, yes? :D
I do love me some buxom female Scandinavian blondes.
slowpoke wrote:I suggest changing your name to Martel or Sobieski. We could use more of both. 8-)
Martel was on the list. Don't know if I could handle ski being in name. Merely speaking it in the presence of my fellow men at arms inspired thoughts of murder and mayhem due to the attitude/actions of a certain supply NCO... Richard was on the table. I wouldn't mind being called Rick.
With your luck, everyone would call you Dick.
one can be a Democrat, or one can choose to be an American.
Good acting requires an imagination; reality requires a person not getting lost in their imagination.
"It's better to have a gun if you need it". Felix's opthamologist
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

MiddleAgedKen wrote:HTRN beat me to Bolt VanderHuge, if a bit obliquely, so I'll just chime in with Rainier Luftwaffe Wolfcastle.
Leonidas Charlemagne Heterodyne. :ugeek:
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
MarkD

Post by MarkD »

My High School English teacher said he had a former student whose name was Bends, and her parents named her Mercedes.

My mother wanted to name me Harold after my father, but Dad didn't want us both to answer when she called one of us, so Harold became my middle name.

Although compared to some celebrity names, from Moon Unit and Dweezil Zappa to North West to Apple Paltrow.....

:jacked:

Time for a joke:

There's an old Indian in his tribe, and for as long as anyone could recall he named all the children born in the tribe. One day one of the braves came to him and asked "How do you decide on the name of a child?" The old man answers "I walk out of my lodge and look around, and the first thing I see determines the child's name. So if I see a hawk flying the child shall be named Flying Hawk, or if I see a deer running the name of the child shall be Running Deer. But tell me, Humping Dogs, why do you ask?"
Goods2010

Post by Goods2010 »

Rod wrote: With your luck, everyone would call you Dick.
They already call me that. :twisted: