WTF

Discussions about our lives, families, jobs... things may get a little personal
Aesop

WTF

Post by Aesop »

After 40 years of gainful employment, going back to the 8th grade, and over 20 years as a licensed medical professional, I've finally achieved the unthinkable:

Some 20-something has accused me of some sort of conduct that may possibly be considered sexual harassment, the gist of which is that I may have bumped into her once in a 6-foot wide room, and talked to her as many as three times in the course of a 12-hour shift.

At best, it's pathetically wishful thinking on her part, and at worst, it's a flight of psychotic delusion, but while TPTB investigate, I am being benched (at a personal cost of +/- $600/day), and my personal and professional reputation has been impugned with both my current employer, and a hospital where I've been working, where it rose to the level of the Chief Nursing Officer before it was referred to my agency, who contacted me immediately for my side.

While it would be hilarious if it weren't so potentially serious, the first words to come to mind are "preposterous", "ridiculous", and "farcical", merely on the face.
The list of allegations would make far more sense if it were the ramblings of a patient hospitalized on a 72-hour mental health hold than as any sort of coherent description of actual misconduct, but nonetheless, here I sit instead of being at work tonight.

I've agreed with my direct employer not to contact the institution in question, which is fine with me anyways, and I've agreed to respond to the meandering letter of "J'accuse" by tomorrow midday.

But on second thought, I'm thinking a sit-down consult with legal counsel might be in my better interests.

And I'm astonished that I should even have to consider such.

Un-fucking-believable.
"There are four types of homicide: felonious, accidental, justifiable, and praiseworthy." -Ambrose Bierce, "The Devil's Dictionary"
Kommander

Re: WTF

Post by Kommander »

Aesop wrote:But on second thought, I'm thinking a sit-down consult with legal counsel might be in my better interests.

And I'm astonished that I should even have to consider such.

Un-fucking-believable.
Well if you have ever wanted to have a hospital named after you here is your chance. Contact a lawyer, have them give them both barrels, and go from there.
PawPaw

Post by PawPaw »

Welcome to the unreal world of guilty-until-proven-innocent. An attorney is not a bad idea.
At best, it's pathetically wishful thinking on her part,
Don't even go there, unless your attorney wants to launch a counter strike.

Bide your time, admit nothing, and act as if you're innocent as driven snow. Remember, you have the right to remain silent and you have a right to an attorney. After you're found faultless, let your attorney launch a counter strike, charging the woman (I'm assuming it's female) with creating a hostile work environment, and suing everyone in sight that offered any gravitas to the initial allegations.

Punch back twice as hard.
Dennis Dezendorf
PawPaw's House
Jered

Post by Jered »

Pretty much what everyone else has said.

Get a lawyer.
The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote.
308Mike

Post by 308Mike »

PawPaw wrote:Welcome to the unreal world of guilty-until-proven-innocent. An attorney is not a bad idea.
At best, it's pathetically wishful thinking on her part,
Don't even go there, unless your attorney wants to launch a counter strike.

Bide your time, admit nothing, and act as if you're innocent as driven snow. Remember, you have the right to remain silent and you have a right to an attorney. After you're found faultless, let your attorney launch a counter strike, charging the woman (I'm assuming it's female) with creating a hostile work environment, and suing everyone in sight that offered any gravitas to the initial allegations.

Punch back twice as hard.
THIS!!!

BTDT!!!

You will NOT regret getting a LAWYER!!! NOT a UNION REP (they also have sympathies with the administration, but you NEED a SHARK on YOUR SIDE)!!!! TRUST ME, I've been through such a bullshit allegation (and what a PORKER SHE WAS, and when my co-workers found out - and they WILL find out - you could see who heard about it by seeing how many people were rolling in the aisles!!!).

WHO have you pissed off lately, and who might have such a grudge against you that they might enter into a conspiracy to try and get you fired???

This is SERIOUS, and you have MORE than your current employment on the line, your PROFESSIONAL REPUTATION is also on the line. They might view this as a minor complaint/joke (once you've brought in an attorney), but the stain on your professional reputation has already been spilled.

DUDE, YOU NEED A LAWYER (and if you're short of cash, I believe there are many here who are willing to help fund you through the best crowd-funding source is available)!!!!

NONE of us like to get screwed over by BS workplace allegations (BTDT, and I'll tell you, it's NOT FUN - regardless of how incredibly ridiculous are the allegations, you NEED a LAWYER - NOW)!!!!

SEMPER FI!!!! WE take care of our own (unless you've been a dickhead and REFUSED HER ADVANCES)!!! But you NEED to view this as SERIOUS ALLEGATIONS (almost CRIMINAL) - and you NEED to FIGHT THEM!!

EDIT - DO NOT be surprised if these conversations might be subpoenaed - so PLEASE be careful of what you say in this forum!!

If you need ANYTHING and we might be able to help, PLEASE contact me (my contact info hasn't changed other than my old email address (which is current on the forum, but what you have might be old).

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!
POLITICIANS & DIAPERS NEED TO BE CHANGED OFTEN AND FOR THE SAME REASON

A person properly schooled in right and wrong is safe with any weapon. A person with no idea of good and evil is unsafe with a knitting needle, or the cap from a ballpoint pen.

I remain pessimistic given the way BATF and the anti gun crowd have become tape worms in the guts of the Republic. - toad
JohnOC

Post by JohnOC »

However true it might be, "I wouldn't f*ck her with a stolen dick." is not a good sexual harassment defense..

What miss priss probably also doesn't get, is that shes just as heartily torpedoed her *own* career. Splashing a bucket of shit like that around never leaves one clean.
The government that is big enough to give you everything you want, is powerful enough to take everything you have. – Thomas Jefferson
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

308Mike wrote:WHO have you pissed off lately, and who might have such a grudge against you that they might enter into a conspiracy to try and get you fired???
You mean, other than half the internet? Sorry, somebody had to say it!

But yeah, lawyer. Like all of us, I am sure you have spent money on dumber things, so spend a little now on some legal protection. Your direct employer may be on your side, but only your lawyer works for you.
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
Aesop

Post by Aesop »

FTR, there is no connection whatsoever between online, and work.

Secondly, the only explanations for why someone would do this quickly narrow to either
>substance abuse,
>psychosis,
>or both
on the accuser's part.

Seeing a lawyer first thing in the morning.

I needed this now like I need nails driven into my forehead. With a rock.
"There are four types of homicide: felonious, accidental, justifiable, and praiseworthy." -Ambrose Bierce, "The Devil's Dictionary"
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

Aesop wrote:FTR, there is no connection whatsoever between online, and work.
Yeah, I knew that your online presence doesn't lead to any sort of real name. I may have spent an hour or two determining that, a year or so back. :roll: :lol:
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
Aesop

Post by Aesop »

That's because golf cleats and one's wedding tackle combine about as well as car keys and alcohol, or matches and gasoline. ;)
(And my real name would be a bigger internet dead-end than my screen name. Heh.)
"I stick my neck out for nobody." - Richard Blaine