ATTN: HTRN

Discussions about our lives, families, jobs... things may get a little personal
Cobar

ATTN: HTRN

Post by Cobar »

Sent you an email through the forum system. Did you get it?
HTRN

Re: ATTN: HTRN

Post by HTRN »

No.
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
Cobar

Post by Cobar »

hmmm....

well do you guys happen to have the winmax 9 with the job list feature?

We got a HMX500i at work and I sorta got stuck in charge of it. I can't get the job list to loop so my operator has to really pay attention and run over to the control to restart it when it runs out.
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

AFAIK, none of the VMXs we have, have it installed, or if it is, we don't use it. It seems to be more intended for Horizontals, from what I reading.

Have you tried calling Hurco and asking them?
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
Cobar

Post by Cobar »

Yeah,

Mike Cope is looking in to it today. Some guy names Brock seems to think it sounds like it should loop, but the software guy he put me in touch with didn't quite get the problem and thought I just wanted to switch pallets without confirmation. Also, some guy names Bob had no clue and had me talk to Brock. lol

Do you know if you can loop and NC program with M99, and if you can call a conversational program from an NC program? If I could do both of those I could just write the code to do what I need.
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

That may actually work. We really don't use G code on out machines, with one or two exceptions(3D contouring).

What I suspect may happen is it will only repeat the NC program, as I think Winmax treats the NC program as subroutine.

I have a coupla email addys from people at Brooks, but I don't know if they'll deal with you.

Cobar

Post by Cobar »

I have not written code since school, and we use all conversational on the Hurcos unless we are running something from GibbsCAM.

Still waiting to hear back from Hurco. I will have to turn the boss loose on them I guess.
Aegis

Post by Aegis »

Cobar wrote:Still waiting to hear back from Hurco. I will have to turn the boss loose on them I guess.
Gotta be a company-wide fail on the part of customer service. My place of employment has two Hurcos, and has an absolute hell of a time getting any maintenance support. Typical wait times are at least a month for any technician to be convinced to give a damn about us.
Chicks dig fixed bayonets
BDK

Post by BDK »

I forgot about you guys - this will sound silly, but I could use a 3D shape milled out of HBU - we have been making molds off a master for signage, but it would be better to have one milled, so that it can be made to an exact size to fit menu boards.

Any idea who to contact?
Cobar

Post by Cobar »

Aegis wrote:Gotta be a company-wide fail on the part of customer service. My place of employment has two Hurcos, and has an absolute hell of a time getting any maintenance support. Typical wait times are at least a month for any technician to be convinced to give a damn about us.
According to my boss, Hurco is doing the typical grow too fast thing.