Brag about your kids here!

Discussions about our lives, families, jobs... things may get a little personal
Weetabix

Brag about your kids here!

Post by Weetabix »

Blackeagle posted a link to his daughter's singing in another thread (Manacles of Satan). That got me thinking that it would be nice to hear people brag about their kids a bit.

I'll start: My daughter is the principal second violin in the MSU orchestra. The other night, they performed with Kansas. You know, the Dust In The Wind guys. They did Dust In The Wind, Carry On My Wayward Son. Kansas brought their own conductor for the symphony. One practice with my daughter's orchestra, then the performance. She said it was great, and she said she knows she's hooked on performing now.

Here's her orchestra performing Wagner (I think she's the second one left of the conductor :D ).

Tell us about your kids.
Note to self: start reading sig lines. They're actually quite amusing. :D
BobbyK

Re: Brag about your kids here!

Post by BobbyK »

Not too much to report yet. Zoe just recently hit the 10 month mark. She's crawling, standing, and not yet walking. She's got a working vocabulary of about 20 signs, and about 10 actual words.

So far, she lacks the fine motor skills to field strip any of the weapons in the house... yet.
blackeagle603

Post by blackeagle603 »

Very cool Weeta... Love listening to Wagner. He was a pretty cool guy -- if you don't mind the hate speech. ;)
"The Guncounter: More fun than a barrel of tattooed knife-fighting chain-smoking monkey butlers with drinking problems and excessive gambling debts!"

"The right of the citizens to keep and bear arms has justly been considered, as the palladium of the liberties of a republic;" Justice Story
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

I'm starting to think I should have named my son Ralph.... :shock:
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
cageym

Post by cageym »

Netpackrat wrote:I'm starting to think I should have named my son Ralph.... :shock:
None have claimed I'm there Daddy, still waiting on my youth to come back on me so I'm going with no kids to brag about. :lol:
RESISTANCE IS NOT FUTILE. It's voltage divided by current.

There is no such thing as overkill. There is only "Open fire!" and "Reloading!"
-John Ringo "The Hot Gate"
Weetabix

Post by Weetabix »

Netpackrat wrote:I'm starting to think I should have named my son Ralph.... :shock:
I must admit with some chagrin that you have lost me entirely.
Note to self: start reading sig lines. They're actually quite amusing. :D
Greg

Post by Greg »

He gurgitates a lot? Repeatedly?
Maybe we're just jaded, but your villainy is not particularly impressive. -Ennesby

If you know what you're doing, you're not learning anything. -Unknown
Sanity is the process by which you continually adjust your beliefs so they are predictively sound. -esr
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

Weetabix wrote:
Ralph.
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
Greg

Post by Greg »

HTRN wrote:
Weetabix wrote:
Ralph.
Think, how old is NPR's boy now? Perhaps he should have named him Chuck. :shock:
Maybe we're just jaded, but your villainy is not particularly impressive. -Ennesby

If you know what you're doing, you're not learning anything. -Unknown
Sanity is the process by which you continually adjust your beliefs so they are predictively sound. -esr
Flintlock Tom

Post by Flintlock Tom »

I have four children.
They are the best.

I don't feel the need to bore you with details, just take my word for it.
The Best.

:D
If time, chance and random process can produce a platypus why not an ammo tree?