Power tools, scaffolding, and hole hawgs -- yeah man

Discussions about our lives, families, jobs... things may get a little personal
blackeagle603

Power tools, scaffolding, and hole hawgs -- yeah man

Post by blackeagle603 »

We had some fall like weather last week but the heat is back. After pre-dawn run to Tecate for diesel (and hassle at the border), some honey do's in the yard and Home Depot it was off to oversee the long awaited install of projector (and relocation of screen) at the chapel.

Power tools, scaffolding, cutting holes in walls, drilling fireblocks, urrr, urr, URRR!!! Pics of the fun
"The Guncounter: More fun than a barrel of tattooed knife-fighting chain-smoking monkey butlers with drinking problems and excessive gambling debts!"

"The right of the citizens to keep and bear arms has justly been considered, as the palladium of the liberties of a republic;" Justice Story
308Mike

Re: Power tools, scaffolding, and hole hawgs -- yeah man

Post by 308Mike »

Is that projector correctable for keystone, otherwise you might be back to put and extension on it.
POLITICIANS & DIAPERS NEED TO BE CHANGED OFTEN AND FOR THE SAME REASON

A person properly schooled in right and wrong is safe with any weapon. A person with no idea of good and evil is unsafe with a knitting needle, or the cap from a ballpoint pen.

I remain pessimistic given the way BATF and the anti gun crowd have become tape worms in the guts of the Republic. - toad
Fivetoes

Post by Fivetoes »

308Mike wrote:Is that projector correctable for keystone, otherwise you might be back to put and extension on it.
I don't think most small churches worry about that. Mine will just enlarge the image so the bottom fills the screen and not worry about anything getting chopped off on the edges at the top.
blackeagle603

Post by blackeagle603 »

keystone adjust? oh ya, sure, you betcha. That was part of the fun.

Sanyo SAPLCXU78 PLC-XU78 XGA Projector

Long term we'd like to put one at the back to project on the rear wall for musicians & speakers. Made sure j-boxes were set to allow easy routing to the ceiling at the rear.
"The Guncounter: More fun than a barrel of tattooed knife-fighting chain-smoking monkey butlers with drinking problems and excessive gambling debts!"

"The right of the citizens to keep and bear arms has justly been considered, as the palladium of the liberties of a republic;" Justice Story
ZeroGravitas

Post by ZeroGravitas »

Blackeagle,
Man, that's a pretty church!
All good,
ZG
308Mike

Post by 308Mike »

blackeagle603 wrote:keystone adjust? oh ya, sure, you betcha. That was part of the fun.

Sanyo SAPLCXU78 PLC-XU78 XGA Projector

Long term we'd like to put one at the back to project on the rear wall for musicians & speakers. Made sure j-boxes were set to allow easy routing to the ceiling at the rear.
SWEET! I remember it wasn't that long ago 1000 Lumens was a big deal and cost loads of cash. I'm finding this one at some places for $805. For that kind of tech it used to cost $7,000-$10,000 and was in a MUCH larger package.
The Sanyo PLC-XU78 provides XGA resolution along with a bright 3000 ANSI Lumens. This allows for great presentations even in bright rooms. The projector is easy to set-up and compensates for keystone picture distortion. With many input terminals you can easily connect to many computer and video sources. The D-sub terminal can be switched to a monitor out as well. The projector features progressive integrated circuit that significantly improves the appearance of moving images. This IC incorporates 3-2 & 2-2 pulldown technology which can effectively double the resolution of images from DVD playback. For more effective presentations in rooms with dark-surfaced walls (i.e.: green boards) the PLC-XU78 projector features Black Board Mode which adjusts white balance and gamma correction automatically to project an intelligible image without a screen.

A person properly schooled in right and wrong is safe with any weapon. A person with no idea of good and evil is unsafe with a knitting needle, or the cap from a ballpoint pen.

I remain pessimistic given the way BATF and the anti gun crowd have become tape worms in the guts of the Republic. - toad
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

Nowadays, 1000 lumens is bottom of the barrel. 1800-2000 lumen projectors are pretty much standard once you get past the 4 figure mark. Sanyo tends to one of the names that comes up on the "recommended" lists, along with Mitsubishi and Panasonic. I would strongly suggest looking to spend a little more than 800 bucks unless the budget is really tight - the performance increase is dramatic outside the bargain models.

HTRN
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
308Mike

Post by 308Mike »

Did you happen to notice that Sanyo model is 3000 Lumens?

HTRN

Post by HTRN »

No, I didn't. I just did some digging around, and the general gist is it's a very good product for it's intended market. I couldn't find any reviews of it as a Home Theater projector though(which it may, or may not do well as - there's more to a good piece of gear than just raw specs).

HTRN
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt