Whelp...I didn't listen to the woman.

Discussions about our lives, families, jobs... things may get a little personal
SeekHer

Re: Whelp...I didn't listen to the woman.

Post by SeekHer »

Ben, get some vitamin E cream and rub it onto the cut as it will help heal the torn tissue and helps to make the scar smaller and not as noticeable!

Stuff works great!
There is a certain type of mentality that thinks if you make certain inanimate objects illegal their criminal misuse will disappear!

Damn the TSA and Down with the BATF(u)E!
Support the J P F O to "Give them the Boot"!!
Windy Wilson

Post by Windy Wilson »

I still have the scar on my hand from the time I tried to open a jar of molasses with a monkey wrench.
I fainted in the car on the way to the hospital. I discovered that when the walk-in urgent care people see a pale man walking purposefully to the desk holding a red and white cloth with both hands, they do not make him wait in line.
I got six stitches and the doctor sewing them poked my finger with the needle 3-4 times because I was vague in my response as to whether the one prick of the finger hurt sufficiently to preclude nerve damage.

Glad yours is healing nicely.
The use of the word "but" usually indicates that everything preceding it in a sentence is a lie.
E.g.:
"I believe in Freedom of Speech, but". . .
"I support the Second Amendment, but". . .
--Randy
Drone 7 of lots more

Post by Drone 7 of lots more »

Rod wrote:Damn Drone 7, you sound a lot like me. I recemember dropping an M-85 on my foot at Fort Hood in 74, broke the big toe. Being in armor and cav for 14 years, I've got scars in places you wouldn't believe.

Was there from '72 to '76, 2nd AD, 1/67 and 2/66 Armor. I was on the field test of the M60A2, commonly known to those who knew and "loved" them as "that piece of shit hunk of iron that should be targeted by the nearest REAL tank".
A/2-1 Cav, '75-76, C/2-1 from '76 to '82 or so, got PCS'd in the Great Bde '75 fustercluck to Garlstedt. Heck, I probably searchlighted for ya on TTVIII, they loved having Sheridans for that, guess watching them catch fire and throw sparks was great fun.
Dedicated_Dad

Post by Dedicated_Dad »

Back in the days when people actually WORKED @ McD's, I learned something useful: Smack the EDGE of the stack on the counter - sharply - and they'll pop apart. It's a thin layer of ice that's stuck and a sharp rap will break the adhesion. It's even easier if there's paper between them...

Glad you're OK...

PS: Odds are you didn't lose near a pint - blood always looks like more than it is...

DD
workinwifdakids wrote:MV Gun Counter: "We're like Blackwater, except without the impulse control."
Random Internet Moron wrote: "High Caliber Magazine Clips are only useful for random slaughter of innocent civilians, so they should only be used by the police."
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

308Mike wrote:Chicks DIG scars, doncha' know???
I am living proof that your theory is faulty. :(

HTRN
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
Erik

Post by Erik »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q6E4Oy6pFKQ
"Life is tough, but it's tougher if you're stupid."
John Wayne
308Mike

Post by 308Mike »

HTRN wrote:
I am living proof that your theory is faulty. :(

HTRN
I'm NOT talking about the ones starting on your forehead, across your nose, through your lips and missing teeth and down to your chin (with a hole you can habitually stick your tongue through).

I'm talking about BODY scars (and NOT missing limbs, ya' bloody wanker!!), you know, the SUPERFICIAL kind that happen on the grade school playground, routine operations, lifesaving operations due to cancer, tumor, embolism, hernia, etc., etc., etc. And those caused by WAR wounds, you know, IEDs, getting shot, having the shitter blown up under you, RPG scars, but ANYTHING better than Johnny-the-jock who thinks he's BETTER than anyone in uniform but hasn't had a more stressful day than deciding what clothes to wear for the latest outing or having the PE coach actually YELL at him for several SECONDS. OMG!!!

All you have to do is act like John Kerry and you'll get all the media attention you've EVER wanted, and if you tell them you actually REFUSED AN ORDER, they might even nominate your ass for the Nobel Peace Prize!!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Now how COOL is that???????
POLITICIANS & DIAPERS NEED TO BE CHANGED OFTEN AND FOR THE SAME REASON

A person properly schooled in right and wrong is safe with any weapon. A person with no idea of good and evil is unsafe with a knitting needle, or the cap from a ballpoint pen.

I remain pessimistic given the way BATF and the anti gun crowd have become tape worms in the guts of the Republic. - toad
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

308Mike wrote:I'm talking about BODY scars
Ahem

HTRN
Last edited by HTRN on Thu Jul 29, 2010 7:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
308Mike

Post by 308Mike »

HTRN wrote:
308Mike wrote:I'm talking about BODY scars
Ahem:
<IMAGE SNIPPED>

HTRN
That's pretty good - did you tell them it was a shark bite while scuba diving during a classified SEAL op (which you can't talk about), or did you tell them it was because you slipped while chopping firewood at your last campsite because you had no place to put your beer while cutting the wood so you held it in your other hand? :lol: :lol:
POLITICIANS & DIAPERS NEED TO BE CHANGED OFTEN AND FOR THE SAME REASON

A person properly schooled in right and wrong is safe with any weapon. A person with no idea of good and evil is unsafe with a knitting needle, or the cap from a ballpoint pen.

I remain pessimistic given the way BATF and the anti gun crowd have become tape worms in the guts of the Republic. - toad
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

Funnily enough, I got the most questions about my then obvious injury right before surgery - everybody assumed it was due hijinks on a motorcycle

I was saying it was earned in a bar fight - and that they should have seen what happened to the other guy. :lol:

I got a bunch of scars on my hands and arms - comes from working in the shops.

HTRN