$&$%*% Stupid commercial... (Kaplan "university")

Discussions about our lives, families, jobs... things may get a little personal
Aglifter

$&$%*% Stupid commercial... (Kaplan "university")

Post by Aglifter »

Main RCOB quote "time for a university which adapts to you, not one you should adapt to"... Completely, and totally wrong. The whole point in a university is to change alter the mind of the student, the actual facts/equations/techniques/etc are of limited use -- more efficient/newer/more accurate ones are almost always learned in the professional world.
And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm Reliance on the Protection of Divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our lives, our Fortunes, & our sacred Honor

A gentleman unarmed is undressed.

Collects of 1903/08 Colt Pocket Auto
Kommander

Re: $&$%*% Stupid commercial... (Kaplan "university")

Post by Kommander »

I think they are talking more about time schedules that what you learn. Night/weekend classes and whatnot.
George guy

Post by George guy »

Now, if only they started making it the norm in high schools to get a job and take classes part-time.
'Regulate' used to mean the opposite of 'constipate.'
Rod

Post by Rod »

My latest pet peeve about commercials is that damn Filet of Fish commercial for McDonald's with the singing fish. Every time that comes on I have an intense desire to fry the fish in every MickeyDee's the old fashioned way, by burning the building down.
one can be a Democrat, or one can choose to be an American.
Good acting requires an imagination; reality requires a person not getting lost in their imagination.
"It's better to have a gun if you need it". Felix's opthamologist