Poisted by my own Hetard.

Discussions about our lives, families, jobs... things may get a little personal
toad

Re: Poisted by my own Hetard.

Post by toad »

Ok with much writing on a legal pad I've figured my path to a better life out.
1) get evaluated by Sleep Study Doc after he gets back in town after July 11.
2) get CPAP or whatever.
3) after sanity returns, renew drivers licence
4) get a used Honda and have it evaluated by the independent Hondewshop.
5) steal underwear
6) make enough profit so I can afford insurance and car maintenance :D
toad

Post by toad »

After further study. Avoid Hondas , good performance , difficult to work on. After reviewing Jeff Dunhams's In Washington show, avoid a Prius, people will think you are gay. Toyota Yaris, performance, Meh, fairly easy to work on, parts aren't that expensive, small enough to park in tight spaces and review camera would let me back in park.
Rod

Post by Rod »

I still wake up but it's the strange noises or the cats. Don't tell any real difference though.
one can be a Democrat, or one can choose to be an American.
Good acting requires an imagination; reality requires a person not getting lost in their imagination.
"It's better to have a gun if you need it". Felix's opthamologist
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

toad wrote: Mon Jul 23, 2018 8:32 am After further study. Avoid Hondas , good performance , difficult to work on. After reviewing Jeff Dunhams's In Washington show, avoid a Prius, people will think you are gay. Toyota Yaris, performance, Meh, fairly easy to work on, parts aren't that expensive, small enough to park in tight spaces and review camera would let me back in park.
If youre under 5'10", look at a used low mile early 2000s toyota corolla. They can be had reasonably, and get stupid good mileage, especially on the highway - ive gotten over 40mpg driving route 80. The downside is they are short on legroom, which leads me to my other suggestion.

Buick. A lesabre, or its bigger fancier cousin, the Park Avenue, can typically be had garage kept, under a 100k miles, for small money. They're not popular as second hand cars, due to to perception of ownership - i personally am looking to upgrade to a low mile Park Ave Ultra (supercharged v6) The build quality is generally good, the interior may feel a bit cheap though.
Last edited by HTRN on Tue Jul 24, 2018 4:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
toad

Post by toad »

I used to be 5' 8' , now I'm 5' 7". I'm not rational on my dislike of General Motors products. I have my first appointment with the sleep Doc on the 26th. If the heat doesn't kill me , I maybe able to start thinking sometime toward the end of August .
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

toad wrote: Tue Jul 24, 2018 3:21 am I used to be 5' 8' , now I'm 5' 7". I'm not rational on my dislike of General Motors products. I have my first appointment with the sleep Doc on the 26th. If the heat doesn't kill me , I maybe able to start thinking sometime toward the end of August .
You're probably fine with the corolla, just be aware its a glorified golf cart, barely 2400 lbs, and the 1zzfe is a gutless dog of an engine. Sure it will last half a million miles, but its only 100 hp.

Buick still has one of the highest customer satisfaction ratings of all brands, because they cater to they're market segment - retirees. Thats why they can be found with low miles and garage kept witb no real demand for them - nobody wants to drive an "old mans car"
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
Rustyv

Post by Rustyv »

I drove a lesabre in college. 33 mpg on the highway, road like a lay-z-boy. Great car.

Maintenance though... whoa boy. Only car I ever owned that need an engine hoist to replace an accessory belt. Because there was an engine mount right smack dab in the middle of all of the accessories driven by that belt.

Had to replace the belt when the seal on the water pump failed and spewed coolant all over the engine bay. Coolant that ate the type of rubber found in accessory drive belts.

Still, I kept that car until the transmission grenaded at 250k miles, and I’d buy another one in a heart beat. Other than the fun I had with the water pump, the only work I put into it was the scheduled fluids and filters.
Welcome to the internet: Where men are men, women are men, and children are FBI agents.

Dance like it hurts, Love like you need the money, Work like people are watching - Scott Adams
toad

Post by toad »

I live in an apartment complex in an urban area . I need a narrow car to fit the too small parking spaces . Also I want to back in park to spot the zoomies in the lot when I pull out so a car that comes with a camera to the rear appeals to me.
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

A camera can be added fairly easily, thers kits to do it if youre handy.

Narrow car? See my "glorified golf cart" comment

toad

Post by toad »

Well everything went to hell Thursday. I'd forgot and left my insurance card in my scanner. The doc's office staff had sent me PDF paper work to fill out (took me two tries) and had requested that I also make copies of my drivers license and insurance card. I hand delivered that to the office and had it checked to make sure I'd filled out everything. I was told I was good to go. My appointment date had been change from the 16th to the 26th , and it was at 1:15 PM. I got on the bus and the a/c wasn't working to well. The ride was bouncy an a baby puked . So I finally got my tired, crippled ass up to the office . They asked for my drivers license, I had that , then they asked for the insurance card. I couldn't find it. The head said I'd have to reschedule and the paper work lady was nasty about it. I lost it. I didn't give her the finger and I use to heck with you instead of hell. Then I went over to my primary care doc's office in another building, thank goody the trip was in air conditioned walk ways, and was able to get hold of the referral lady before she left for lunch. She was sympathetic and told me they had two more doctors to refer me too. I get the feeling that the sleep doc's office had received prior complaints ?
So i'm in wait mode for a new referal ....and new paperwork...and increasing irritability and weakness.