Pricing on a MAK90?

The place for beginners, or anyone else, to talk about gun, gear, and shooting topics with a minimum of jargon and/or geekery. The only stupid question is the one you don't ask that blows up in your face later.
Goods2010

Pricing on a MAK90?

Post by Goods2010 »

Ran across an a MAK90 that had an under-folding stock. Wondering what would be a fair price for such a thing. No mags, no ammo, and no furniture. Just barrel, receiver, and guts.
Rod

Re: Pricing on a MAK90?

Post by Rod »

From my best guess, about 250 bucks. Complete ones are selling on Gunbroker for 575 and up but very few bids on any of them. Figure you have to get the wood, mags, and other essentials and that'll bring the price up to over 500 bucks.
one can be a Democrat, or one can choose to be an American.
Good acting requires an imagination; reality requires a person not getting lost in their imagination.
"It's better to have a gun if you need it". Felix's opthamologist
rightisright

Post by rightisright »

Is it stamped or milled? People pay more for the milled ones since they made less of them. To me, I wouldn't pay a premium for milled unless it were a collector's piece. Not worth the extra weight.

FWIW, you can use standard AK furniture if you don't care about keeping it authentic. Keep in mind, some MAK 90s have a slant cut receiver.

I actually broke the stock on one of my 90s. Someone from previous fora was kind enough to send me a free straight cut stock. It looks like crap on my slant cut receiver, but does the job. Is AK. Is shoot!
lityar

Post by lityar »

By purchasing accessories that will compliment your playing style and environment, you will open up a whole new experience that will lead you to maintain a correct posture and expose you to tonal variances. SPAM Link removed

Ban Hammer applied.