pain in trigger finger

The place for beginners, or anyone else, to talk about gun, gear, and shooting topics with a minimum of jargon and/or geekery. The only stupid question is the one you don't ask that blows up in your face later.
Windy Wilson

Re: pain in trigger finger

Post by Windy Wilson »

It could still be overuse related to hand geometry. I assume this is your dominant hand, so the index finger could be getting more of a workout, not just from typing but also from mouse use. Where does the index finger stop relative to the middle finger? And does your pinkie reach or pass the distal joint on the ring finger?
The use of the word "but" usually indicates that everything preceding it in a sentence is a lie.
E.g.:
"I believe in Freedom of Speech, but". . .
"I support the Second Amendment, but". . .
--Randy
FastRope71

Post by FastRope71 »

This is also an opportunity to shoot with your weak hand. I know it's not in line with the original post, but it's still a valid point. ;)
If you are unwilling to give another man freedom in his life, do not expect to have it in your own.
It surely beats trying to figure out what the metrosexuals want ( a good hard kick in the nuts in my opinion, but that won't sell ice cream :D )- Highspeed
Yogimus

Post by Yogimus »

I had the same issue firing a revolver. I wore gloves, and the problem went away.

For rifle fire, you can learn how to fire with a middle finger, or the base of the finger. (need a thin grip)

If none of these work, it seems you will just be forced to go into cannoneering.
Fivetoes

Post by Fivetoes »

Since this thread is a year and a half old, how about an update.