Douchebags

The place for beginners, or anyone else, to talk about gun, gear, and shooting topics with a minimum of jargon and/or geekery. The only stupid question is the one you don't ask that blows up in your face later.
Steamforger

Re: Douchbags

Post by Steamforger »

Those boys have definitely bought into the H&K mojo even if all they can afford is Vector or Bobcat. Can't read the stampings too well in the pic. I HIGHLY doubt they've procured a real HK 53, MP5SD and HK 94.

The guy in the ghillie should probably take a long look at the colors of the background in his pics. :roll:
Rod

Post by Rod »

Steamforger wrote:Those boys have definitely bought into the H&K mojo even if all they can afford is Vector or Bobcat. Can't read the stampings too well in the pic. I HIGHLY doubt they've procured a real HK 53, MP5SD and HK 94.

The guy in the ghillie should probably take a long look at the colors of the background in his pics. :roll:
The real question should be: Why should a bounty hunter have a full ghillie suit in the first place?
one can be a Democrat, or one can choose to be an American.
Good acting requires an imagination; reality requires a person not getting lost in their imagination.
"It's better to have a gun if you need it". Felix's opthamologist
Steamforger

Post by Steamforger »

Well, they're commercially available from Cabelas these days. Unless we're going to think military or LE only ghillie suits (and I just can't bring myself down to that level) I really don't see an issue with the ghillie itsself. As for it's use, surveiling an address to ensure a bail jumper is actually home or not is a good idea in their line of business. It beats breaking in doors to find out the guy isn't there. I wish cops would do it more often to be honest.

Do I think it can serve a purpose? Surely. Do I think these guys are living the lifestyle? Abso-freakin-loutely.
randy

Post by randy »

I had a friend of mine working as an Arson Investigator. He used a tarp and spent hours prone in a bean field with NVGs and a radio to catch a serial arsonist one night. (All borrowed or self-supplied, it was a small department with no budget). The perp was freaked out by how fast the Sheriff's Deputies got on the scene, and how they walked straight over to his hiding place to hook him up. Seems he didn't think it was quite sporting. :twisted:

So yeah, in certain situations, a ghillie suit could be useful for surveillance, but probably way overkill for most situations. I gotta feeling in this case the suit is more for the tacti-cool factor than operational utility.
...even before I read MHI, my response to seeing a poster for the stars of the latest Twilight movies was "I see 2 targets and a collaborator".
Aaron

Post by Aaron »

I can't think of any time I ever needed a ghillie suit while doing surveillance. The whole idea seems nuts, how many rural skips does he get?
If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest for freedom,...Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you...; and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.

-Samuel Adams

Irate Islander
Combat Controller
Site Admin

Post by Combat Controller »

If you look at his video page, it shows him and his partner taking a skip down in a grocery store. Looks like the guy gave them a real fight too.
Winner of the prestigious Автомат Калашникова образца 1947 года award for excellence in rural travel.
Frankingun

Post by Frankingun »

Dude likes Steven Segal and his tv show. Ugh.
Buy ammunition and magazines.

You'll shoot your eye out!

Another blog.
chem light

Post by chem light »

Aaron wrote:I can't think of any time I ever needed a ghillie suit while doing surveillance. The whole idea seems nuts, how many rural skips does he get?
per chance he was stalking some wiley krispey cremes?
All people suck. Some people try not to.
Aglifter

Post by Aglifter »

I don't know, judging by the size of the holes, a crisp cream must require at least a 50 caliber bullet to put down - don't think I saw anything that substantial.
And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm Reliance on the Protection of Divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our lives, our Fortunes, & our sacred Honor

A gentleman unarmed is undressed.

Collects of 1903/08 Colt Pocket Auto
Yogimus

Post by Yogimus »

Gear is used to compensate for skill/experience. The more flashy someone is, the less sure he is of his own competence.