Douchebags

The place for beginners, or anyone else, to talk about gun, gear, and shooting topics with a minimum of jargon and/or geekery. The only stupid question is the one you don't ask that blows up in your face later.
Combat Controller
Superuser

Douchebags

Postby Combat Controller » Tue Oct 19, 2010 8:19 am

Here are a couple of Bailbondsmen who are perfessional enuf I guess. Looks like these douchbags will come calling if you jump bail. Actually, if you jump bail you probably deserve to get visited by these clowns.

http://tinyurl.com/23wvbrf
Winner of the prestigious Автомат Калашникова образца 1947 года award for excellence in rural travel.

skb12172
Good Christ I Need A Life

Re: Douchbags

Postby skb12172 » Tue Oct 19, 2010 2:41 pm

I hope the fat guy is a good shot, cuz I don't think he'll be running many folks down...
:lol:

The Bigfoot comment on this picture is priceless...
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=132622&id=1470646742#!/photo.php?fbid=1155218208553&set=a.1155215448484.132622.1470646742
There must be an end to this intimidation by those who come to this great country, but reject its culture.

Aaron
Trigger Junkie

Postby Aaron » Tue Oct 19, 2010 2:47 pm

What a pack of douche nozzles. When I was hooking a skip, the most tactical I ever got was was throwing a vest over my t-shirt and strapping a thigh holster over my jeans, and that was both rare and still kinda silly.
If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest for freedom,...Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you...; and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.

-Samuel Adams

Irate Islander

Combat Controller
Superuser

Postby Combat Controller » Tue Oct 19, 2010 8:15 pm

skb12172 wrote:I hope the fat guy is a good shot, cuz I don't think he'll be running many folks down...

The Bigfoot comment on this picture is priceless...
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=132622&id=1470646742#!/photo.php?fbid=1155218208553&set=a.1155215448484.132622.1470646742

Looks like he might just hit his partner in the back from this picture, so let's hope not! Of course these mall ninja extraordinaire ne plus ultra would probably shoot a skip in the back who ran.

Makes you wonder about people kicking your door in at night. Criminals, lost SWAT or lost Bond Ninjas. The lost Bail Jobs aka BJ's worry me as I didn't expect to see this type of behavior, although in retrospect I am not surprised.
Winner of the prestigious Автомат Калашникова образца 1947 года award for excellence in rural travel.

Combat Controller
Superuser

Postby Combat Controller » Tue Oct 19, 2010 8:23 pm

One of the Douchebags name is Dave Wheatley and here is his FB page and favorite quote!

"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter" ( Ernest Hemingway )

Then there are the usual photos of his family whom we will leave out of this.

Thus endeth the lesson on internet privacy and why be careful of where you post your photos of you being a douche to.

Ben Rumson
Trigger Junkie

Postby Ben Rumson » Tue Oct 19, 2010 8:30 pm

Yeah. I can't see the douche baggius photos since I deleted my Facebook account..

Had too many people wanting to tag me in pictures and such. Got tired of having to work permissions on FB. Also no point in being part of one of the worlds largest databases.

People just don't realize the stupidity they post may very well come back on them at some point.

Combat Controller
Superuser

Postby Combat Controller » Tue Oct 19, 2010 8:33 pm

Yeah, I keep the info to a minimum myself, I have too many sisters who use it and bombard me with photos etc. I already have a file so I just jam FB with bad info as often as not. Nothing of any real import ever goes up on it anyway.

Fill
Loose Cannon

Postby Fill » Tue Oct 19, 2010 8:50 pm

He's the kind of guy who draws Sharpie tattoos on his kids.

That's really all you need to know.

Mud_Dog
Trigger Junkie

Postby Mud_Dog » Wed Oct 20, 2010 12:10 am

Ben Rumson wrote:People just don't realize the stupidity they post may very well come back on them at some point.

http://failbook.failblog.org/ :lol:

I don't have a Facebook account and I don't want one, though everybody wants me too. I'm too damn antisocial for a social site! :mrgreen:
Obamalypse, Part II: The Armening. (-NPR)

skb12172

Postby skb12172 » Wed Oct 20, 2010 12:53 am

One of the Douchebags name is Dave Wheatley and here is his FB page and favorite quote!

"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter" ( Ernest Hemingway )

There goes any benefit of the doubt he might have had, should he ever find himself on trial for something, ahem...JOB related.
There must be an end to this intimidation by those who come to this great country, but reject its culture.

Steamforger
On a list somewhere

Postby Steamforger » Wed Oct 20, 2010 4:13 am

Those boys have definitely bought into the H&K mojo even if all they can afford is Vector or Bobcat. Can't read the stampings too well in the pic. I HIGHLY doubt they've procured a real HK 53, MP5SD and HK 94.

The guy in the ghillie should probably take a long look at the colors of the background in his pics. :roll:

Rod
Active Shooter

Postby Rod » Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:23 am

Steamforger wrote:Those boys have definitely bought into the H&K mojo even if all they can afford is Vector or Bobcat. Can't read the stampings too well in the pic. I HIGHLY doubt they've procured a real HK 53, MP5SD and HK 94.

The guy in the ghillie should probably take a long look at the colors of the background in his pics. :roll:

The real question should be: Why should a bounty hunter have a full ghillie suit in the first place?
one can be a Democrat, or one can choose to be an American.
Good acting requires an imagination; reality requires a person not getting lost in their imagination.
"It's better to have a gun if you need it". Felix's opthamologist

Steamforger
On a list somewhere

Postby Steamforger » Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:32 pm

Well, they're commercially available from Cabelas these days. Unless we're going to think military or LE only ghillie suits (and I just can't bring myself down to that level) I really don't see an issue with the ghillie itsself. As for it's use, surveiling an address to ensure a bail jumper is actually home or not is a good idea in their line of business. It beats breaking in doors to find out the guy isn't there. I wish cops would do it more often to be honest.

Do I think it can serve a purpose? Surely. Do I think these guys are living the lifestyle? Abso-freakin-loutely.

randy

Postby randy » Wed Oct 20, 2010 8:16 pm

I had a friend of mine working as an Arson Investigator. He used a tarp and spent hours prone in a bean field with NVGs and a radio to catch a serial arsonist one night. (All borrowed or self-supplied, it was a small department with no budget). The perp was freaked out by how fast the Sheriff's Deputies got on the scene, and how they walked straight over to his hiding place to hook him up. Seems he didn't think it was quite sporting. :twisted:

So yeah, in certain situations, a ghillie suit could be useful for surveillance, but probably way overkill for most situations. I gotta feeling in this case the suit is more for the tacti-cool factor than operational utility.
...even before I read MHI, my response to seeing a poster for the stars of the latest Twilight movies was "I see 2 targets and a collaborator".

Aaron
Trigger Junkie

Postby Aaron » Wed Oct 20, 2010 8:35 pm

I can't think of any time I ever needed a ghillie suit while doing surveillance. The whole idea seems nuts, how many rural skips does he get?
If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest for freedom,...Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you...; and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.

-Samuel Adams

Irate Islander

Combat Controller
Superuser

Postby Combat Controller » Thu Oct 21, 2010 9:11 am

If you look at his video page, it shows him and his partner taking a skip down in a grocery store. Looks like the guy gave them a real fight too.

Frankingun
Trigger Junkie

Postby Frankingun » Wed Oct 27, 2010 1:46 am

Dude likes Steven Segal and his tv show. Ugh.
Buy ammunition and magazines.

You'll shoot your eye out!

Another blog.

chem light

Postby chem light » Sat Nov 06, 2010 1:54 am

Aaron wrote:I can't think of any time I ever needed a ghillie suit while doing surveillance. The whole idea seems nuts, how many rural skips does he get?

per chance he was stalking some wiley krispey cremes?
All people suck. Some people try not to.

Aglifter
Probably Unemployed

Postby Aglifter » Mon Nov 08, 2010 3:26 pm

I don't know, judging by the size of the holes, a crisp cream must require at least a 50 caliber bullet to put down - don't think I saw anything that substantial.
And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm Reliance on the Protection of Divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our lives, our Fortunes, & our sacred Honor

A gentleman unarmed is undressed.

Collects of 1903/08 Colt Pocket Auto

Yogimus
Active Shooter

Postby Yogimus » Mon Apr 18, 2011 8:37 am

Gear is used to compensate for skill/experience. The more flashy someone is, the less sure he is of his own competence.

Jericho941

Postby Jericho941 » Mon Apr 18, 2011 8:50 am

Yogimus
Active Shooter

Postby Yogimus » Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:04 am

Kommander
Active Shooter

Postby Kommander » Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:48 am

Yogimus wrote:Gear is used to compensate for skill/experience. The more flashy someone is, the less sure he is of his own competence.

I think I know what you mean but I am not 100% behind you on this. For example I'm the only one at work that actually carries a first aid kit on his person. I don't want to be flashy, I just want to not bleed to death.

Erik
Active Shooter

Postby Erik » Mon Apr 18, 2011 12:15 pm

Kommander wrote:
Yogimus wrote:Gear is used to compensate for skill/experience. The more flashy someone is, the less sure he is of his own competence.

I think I know what you mean but I am not 100% behind you on this. For example I'm the only one at work that actually carries a first aid kit on his person. I don't want to be flashy, I just want to not bleed to death.

I think there's a difference betwen being prepared and being flashy. Having a first aid kit with you in an environment where it might come in useful is being prepared. Having three combat knifes strapped on you in various location when playing paintball is being flashy.

I seem to have developed a rep for always having lots of gear with me at the range (the term used is nsfw if translated to english). But I really dont think I'm being flashy, it's things like toolkits, gunoil, notbook and pen, extra ammo, spare parts, spotting scope, timer, target patches, water bottle etc, most of it stored in dedicated containers in a dedicated range bag. And yes, I also have a small first aid kit in it, complete with aspirin, bandaids and pills against allergy.
And the reason most people see what I have in my bag is because I'm usually the one that have the thing they need but didn't bring. 8-)
"Life is tough, but it's tougher if you're stupid."
John Wayne

randy

Re: Douchebags

Postby randy » Mon Apr 18, 2011 1:23 pm

For example I'm the only one at work that actually carries a first aid kit on his person.

Having a first aid kit isn't being flashy.

Having a Special Operations SEAL TEAM Official Issue (says so right on the case) surgical kit in the latest tacti-fashion colors (I've lost track, is coyote, black, or digi-cam the coolest one right now?) is.

I have a hunch I know which guy I want working on me if there's an incident.
I seem to have developed a rep for always having lots of gear with me at the range (the term used is nsfw if translated to english).

People that don't prepare are often dismissive or snide about those that are. Whether the fact I'm more prepared for multiple situations makes them feel uncomfortable because they're sheeple who don't want to be reminded how dangerous the world can be, or they are lazy and don't want to be reminded of what they should be doing, I don't know.

I've been derided for having a "gunfighter mentality" (at least I'm sure they meant it as an insult) because I always have at least one spare mag with me when carrying and spent more than $20 for a nylon gunshow special on my holster and mag carrier.
...even before I read MHI, my response to seeing a poster for the stars of the latest Twilight movies was "I see 2 targets and a collaborator".

Kommander
Active Shooter

Postby Kommander » Mon Apr 18, 2011 2:16 pm

The current Mall Ninja color dejur is Multicam, though ATACS may give it a run for it's money.

Yogimus
Active Shooter

Postby Yogimus » Mon Apr 18, 2011 3:41 pm

If you ever color-coordinated your tac vest with your thigh holster, you might be a gear-Qu**r

Erik
Active Shooter

Postby Erik » Mon Apr 18, 2011 3:54 pm

Yogimus wrote:If you ever color-coordinated your tac vest with your thigh holster, you might be a gear-Qu**r

Yeah, that's pretty close to the english translation of what I've been called. Except it has more humorous than offensive meaning when it's used here.

And before someone asks, I dont have a tac-west nor a thigh holster, and I don't color coordinate range wear. :mrgreen:
John Wayne

Kommander
Active Shooter

Postby Kommander » Mon Apr 18, 2011 4:48 pm

Actually I've seen allot of ninja pictures recently of people with gear of a variety of different colors, "coyote", "foliage green", OD, and black all mixed together. My vest and (not thigh) holster do match, but that's required by my job so no real choice there. I did once spray paint an ACU pouch tan so it would match the rest of my BOB. ACU looks silly no matter what though.

Combat Controller
Superuser

Postby Combat Controller » Mon Apr 18, 2011 10:52 pm

Yogimus wrote:If you ever color-coordinated your tac vest with your thigh holster, you might be a gear-Qu**r

Yogi! You're back! Good to hear from you son!

Aegis
Trigger Junkie

Postby Aegis » Tue Apr 19, 2011 1:39 am

Kommander wrote:ACU looks silly no matter what though.

You're only saying that because you've never had to hide in a floral couch before.

Chicks dig fixed bayonets

Evyl Robot
Trigger Junkie

Postby Evyl Robot » Tue Apr 19, 2011 2:38 pm

Aegis wrote:
Kommander wrote:ACU looks silly no matter what though.

You're only saying that because you've never had to hide in a floral couch before.

ROTFLOL!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: Why hasn't this been made into a demotivator yet?

Kommander
Active Shooter

Postby Kommander » Tue Apr 19, 2011 3:05 pm

Already Done.

SoupOrMan

Postby SoupOrMan » Fri Apr 22, 2011 1:25 am

Aaron wrote:I can't think of any time I ever needed a ghillie suit while doing surveillance. The whole idea seems nuts, how many rural skips does he get?

"And that's when I was mugged by a fat Samoan haystack, Yer Honor."
Remember, folks, you can't spell "douche" without "Che."

“PET PARENTS?” You’re not a “pet parent.” You’re a pet owner. Unless you’ve committed an unnatural act that succeeded in spite of biology. - Glenn Reynolds

Combat Controller
Superuser

Postby Combat Controller » Fri Apr 22, 2011 1:35 am

Huh. Looks like my original link got lost....

Evyl Robot
Trigger Junkie

Postby Evyl Robot » Fri Apr 22, 2011 3:40 pm

Kommander wrote:Already Done.

FTW! :lol: That must mean it's Friday!

Legman688
Case Shiner

Postby Legman688 » Sat Apr 23, 2011 11:00 pm

Kommander wrote:The current Mall Ninja color dejur is Multicam, though ATACS may give it a run for it's money.

I had to google 'ATACS' because I didn't know what it was... very first hit was some new combat boots with camouflage soles...

What manner of tacticool douchebaggery... >.<

That loud thumping noise you hear is me banging my head on my desk.

I swear, when I finally get around to buying a battle rifle/carbine and gear, I'm getting an SKS, and a Garand cartridge belt, with nothing on it but a canteen and a leather 1911 holster, just to thumb my nose at these people.
Opinion should be the result of thought, not a substitute for it - Frazz

Guncounter.com: All threads hijacked in 25 posts or less, guaranteed!

Kommander
Active Shooter

Postby Kommander » Sat Apr 23, 2011 11:10 pm

Ahh yes, boots are the "cammo something we have never cammoed before" item this year. A few years ago it was guns, and then the MOLLE tape and straps on equipment. This year it's boots. Now I am sure that there are those that can use such boots, and if you look at a picture of someone in head to toe cammo the solid color boots do tend to stick out a bit, but the damn things do scream ninja.

doc Russia
Case Shiner

Postby doc Russia » Sat Apr 23, 2011 11:49 pm

I guess I must be a mall ninja :(
I have multicam in my closet, and I have not one, but two sets of body armor. I also have several medical kits floating around

oh...wait, that's right;
I work with three different SWAT teams providing operational medical support, so I actually use most of that crap.

Still, I do feel like a mall ninja sometimes when I am wearing all that garbage. Most of it I wear because it's what they want me to wear (it would be very bad press if I were to get killed, so I end up in a NIJ level IV coccooon in the belly of an APC when going out).
I would actually prefer it if I could just wear my jeans, cowboy boots, .45, plate carrier and medical kit and call it good.
"That which does not transmit light creates its own darkness"
-Marcus Aurelius
"May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one."
-Captain Mal Reynolds, Firefly

Aglifter
Probably Unemployed

Postby Aglifter » Sat Apr 23, 2011 11:50 pm

Hunting boots have been cammo'd for some time, so I suppose itsnot too surprising.
And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm Reliance on the Protection of Divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our lives, our Fortunes, & our sacred Honor

JAG2955
Active Shooter

Postby JAG2955 » Sun Apr 24, 2011 1:17 am

I think that the issues with mall ninjas, is that they tend to be out of shape, untrained, and most importantly, pretend to be something that they're not.

And yes, I have a plate carrier (don't own plates yet, other than what I'm issued) with a matching pistol belt and more MARPAT than you can shake a stick at.

Combat Controller
Superuser

Postby Combat Controller » Tue Apr 26, 2011 8:00 am

doc Russia wrote:I guess I must be a mall ninja :(
I have multicam in my closet, and I have not one, but two sets of body armor. I also have several medical kits floating around

oh...wait, that's right;
I work with three different SWAT teams providing operational medical support, so I actually use most of that crap.

Still, I do feel like a mall ninja sometimes when I am wearing all that garbage. Most of it I wear because it's what they want me to wear (it would be very bad press if I were to get killed, so I end up in a NIJ level IV coccooon in the belly of an APC when going out).
I would actually prefer it if I could just wear my jeans, cowboy boots, .45, plate carrier and medical kit and call it good.

You are more of a "donut ninja" than a "mall ninja", or perhaps a "pig ninja?" :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

JimTX

Postby JimTX » Sun Feb 12, 2012 7:16 am

Doc,

One way to exact some small measure of revenge here, would be to tote a classic, black leather Dr.'s "housecall" bag. And put in some extra work on your "hmmm", "ahhh", "hmph", and other terms of medical eloquence.

And don't forget to have some Sponge Bob band-aids along with you. Long as Sponge Bob is wearing DigiCam Square Pants, that is?

(can someone photoshop that one, please?)

Jim
Sunk New Dawn
Galveston, TX

Combat Controller
Superuser

Postby Combat Controller » Sun Feb 12, 2012 8:20 pm

Damn, they added more photos. I like the ghille suit and the one where he's pointing his gun at the back of the "operator" in front of him. I swear, these guys look like that poster of the fat kid in ninja gear that everyone quotes as saying "I'm from the internet, I'm here to help."

Weetabix

Postby Weetabix » Mon Feb 13, 2012 6:38 pm

Did anyone notice his "rough men stand ready" quote citation? I thought it was George Orwell, not Orson Wells.
Note to self: start reading sig lines. They're actually quite amusing. :D

Combat Controller
Superuser

Postby Combat Controller » Mon Feb 13, 2012 10:38 pm

Weetabix wrote:Did anyone notice his "rough men stand ready" quote citation? I thought it was George Orwell, not Orson Wells.

HAHAHAHAHA! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Combat Controller
Superuser

Postby Combat Controller » Mon Feb 13, 2012 10:43 pm

In his profile photos he's carrying an AR with no rear sight. I guess in CQB you don't need one, that action is so fast and close. Plus he looks like he spends all day playing farmville.

You think he really shows up to serve warrants poking an AR at the perps? I think all the photos are just posing.

Aglifter
Probably Unemployed

Postby Aglifter » Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:44 pm

Pretty sure the "Rough Men" quote was by Teddy Roosevelt...

Weetabix

Postby Weetabix » Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:22 am

Aglifter wrote:Pretty sure the "Rough Men" quote was by Teddy Roosevelt...

This is a bit interesting. I'm a fond of quotes, so I like to get them right and attribute them right.

If I google "rough men stand ready" I get lots of attributions to George Orwell, a couple to Winston Churchill, a lot of statements that Orwell never said it (but that do not say who did say it), and a few references to Kipling. But I find nothing that says, "X said it in Y publication about Z."

I've always heard it attributed to Orwell, but with no evidence, I may have to just stop saying, "I think it was Orwell who said..."

Have you got a direct citation for Roosevelt's having said it? I must admit I don't have time to research it in much depth.

Erik
Active Shooter

Postby Erik » Tue Feb 14, 2012 3:12 pm

I've heard the "Rough men" quote attributed to Orwell too, but googling now it seems I cant find a source for the exact quote. The closest actual quote I found was:
"Those who "abjure" violence can only do so because others are committing violence on their behalf."
It's in "Notes on Nationalism" (1945)
And in his essay on Rudyard Kipling (1942), Orwell wrote:
"[Kipling] sees clearly that men can only be highly civilized while other men, inevitably less civilized, are there to guard and feed them."
John Wayne

JustinR
Trigger Junkie

Postby JustinR » Tue Feb 14, 2012 4:13 pm

JimTX wrote:And don't forget to have some Sponge Bob band-aids along with you. Long as Sponge Bob is wearing DigiCam Square Pants, that is?

(can someone photoshop that one, please?)

Ask, and ye shall receive!

spongebob-camopants.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"The armory was even better. Above the door was a sign: You dream, we build." -Mark Owen, No Easy Day

"My assault weapon won't be 'illegal,' it will be 'undocumented.'" -KL

Aglifter
Probably Unemployed

Postby Aglifter » Tue Feb 14, 2012 5:16 pm

Weetabix

Postby Weetabix » Tue Feb 14, 2012 5:20 pm

Ag,

I found that one, too. It was the source of my minor anguish, but it unless I missed it, it doesn't provide a correct citation.

Erik
Active Shooter

Postby Erik » Tue Feb 14, 2012 5:34 pm

http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/George_Orwell
We sleep peaceably in our beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on our behalf.
This has commonly been attributed to Orwell but has not been found in any of his writings. Quote Investigator found the earliest known appearance in a 1993 Washington Times essay by Richard Grenier: "As George Orwell pointed out, people sleep peacefully in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." The absence of quotation marks indicates Grenier was using his own words to convey Orwell's opinion; thus it may have originated as a paraphrase of his statement in "Notes on Nationalism" (1945): Those who "abjure" violence can only do so because others are committing violence on their behalf. There are also similar sentiments expressed in an essay which Orwell wrote on Rudyard Kipling, quoting from one of Kipling's poems: "Yes, making mock o' uniforms that guard you while you sleep."

This sounds like a plausible explanation. If this is correct then the intent of the quote is true, but the actual quote is paraphrased.
John Wayne

Return to “Beginners Luck”